Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Massage Therapy anyone? Please answer questions..

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello every one! I am now going to school for Massage Therapy. I will be done in Jan next year and begin a 6 week internship.

I have a question for you all... if you would not mind taking a few moments to help me.

Since I can only accept tips/gratis until I am certified, what would you pay a student if that is all you had to pay? Would you pay anything?

How would you word a sign for tip jar to prompt them to be supportive?

Thank you,
    If anyone is interested in the Denver area to receive student massage let me know. I would love to get the practice on people other than my family.
    This helps me get ready for the real world......
    Holistic Health Coach and Licensed Massage Therapist
    http://mandalatree.healthcoach.integ...nutrition.com/

I go regularly to a school that teaches Oriental medicine to get student massages. The school charges $30 for an hour of Chinese massage by a first year med student.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

I go to a local school of massage for massages every other week. They charge $35/hour. Students are not allowed to accept tips. So if the situation was reversed here and all I could do was tip I would base it on how well I thought the student had done that particular day. If I received an excellent massage I would offer $35 lesser amounts for less satisfactory work.
    Marcie

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    My mother teaches ESL at a community college where they also offer a message therapy program. My mother pays $25 per hour for a student message (that's what the charge is for everyone).