Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oakleaf, I have my Bento Box on a road bike and do not tighten the velcro on the stem very tight, just enough to keep it on. There is no interference at all with steering. There are two stem straps and then two that go around the top tube. I tighten these two fairly tight, running them under the cables on the top tube. There is no scratching of paint as the "sticky" hook part of the velcro is away from the paint and is not a problem. I occasionally have to straighten it on the tube if I load it with a camera, cell, and snacks. Your best bet is to try one that someone else has on your bicycle. There are several makers of these now with slightly different configurations...like only one strap for the stem, so try the one you plan to buy. I absolutely could not live without it.

Maybe a photo will help? (what did we do before digital?)

I have a Trek 1000, if that helps at all. I've noticed no issue with steering. Sometimes I bump into it a bit when I am standing, but that may be due to a little too much ME, not really the bento box's fault. It's never really bothered me and I so like having that there for things that it would outweigh the annoyance of the occasional bump into it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bento.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	9587   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bento2.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	9588  
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!