Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Pinkbike: Ugh... I never want to have to do that again. It takes SO long to load all of the cd's! I feel for you. It is kind of fun to go through them all again, though! Enjoy your TOUCH! My friend got one last year -- VERY NICE. I've got a shuffle and a Nano, and DH has the original one. We are slightly an Apple family ... yes the computers, too!
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Well, I got something that I've wanted for more than 20 years, and when I told my mom what it was, she said dh should NEVER get me appliances for Christmas! It is a Kitchenaide stand mixer, and I was happy to get it! It is a luxury...a vacuum cleaner is a necessity, but a fancy stand mixer is a gift!

But the best gift I got was totally unexpected and a big surprise. My son managed to hunt down a copy of the Barenaked Ladies' "yellow tape", which WAS the only recording of theirs I didn't have. i screamed like a little girl!

Karen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

Tucker- I got a Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer for my birthday in 2006, hands down the best present ever. My husband's stepdad bought one for his mom last year and she was stoked. Enjoy yours it is an excellent gift.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    Tucker- I got a Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer for my birthday in 2006, hands down the best present ever. My husband's stepdad bought one for his mom last year and she was stoked. Enjoy yours it is an excellent gift.

Santa brought me one too. For 35 years I've been using the old Sunbeam hand mixer I bought while in college. I made one batch of homemade fruitcakes last month, and it was making really worrisome noises so I bit the proverbial bullet and went out and bought the Kitchen Aid.

OMG! Why ever did I wait 35 years?????? The difference and ease with which that machine masters heavy doughs and batters in just incredible. I whipped out heavy fruitcake, batter, endless batches of cookies, and even cranberry bread in record time. Of course space is a huge problem in my kitchen and now that I'm done with baking for many months, need to figure out where to put it. It IS heavy... but worth the hassle of having to move it around.

I think my trusty old hand mixer will be resting very quietly for a long, long time. I

Signed
    A new fan

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    OMG - that was my Mothers Day gift in 2005. I LOVE it!!!!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Accckkk!!- I now only have four hand dipped chocolate covered cherries left from my christmas gift of a one pound box of them from DH.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    OMG - that was my Mothers Day gift in 2005. I LOVE it!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by withm View Post
    OMG! Why ever did I wait 35 years?????? The difference and ease with which that machine masters heavy doughs and batters in just incredible. I whipped out heavy fruitcake, batter, endless batches of cookies, and even cranberry bread in record time. Of course space is a huge problem in my kitchen and now that I'm done with baking for many months, need to figure out where to put it. It IS heavy... but worth the hassle of having to move it around.
    Yup, I am lucky I kept begging for one and only had a to wait about 3 years to receive. It handles my sugar cookie dough (thick and hard) with ease. Cheesecakes, cakes, cookie dough, pie filling, it just laughs at whatever I throw at it. I love that I put the cake mix in, turn it on and go grease and flour the pan then be ready to pour. I don't ever move it but to clean, I am thankful for the clear counter space to leave it on.
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post
    Accckkk!!- I now only have four hand dipped chocolate covered cherries left from my christmas gift of a one pound box of them from DH.
    It's time to start celebrating 3 kings day so you can have another pound.

Oh, I just couldn't in my own mind justify the cost of the thing! But I salivated over all my girlfriends' mixers. I went on Consumer Reports, and the Classic appeared to be the best value (do I really need a meat grinder attachment?--no), and hey, you can't miss what you never had.

My friend has one that has to be 40 years old, and it's basically the same as mine. (Passed down to her by a grandparent.) They bought attachments on ebay over the years and that thing's never going to quit.

Karen

In past Christmases I've asked for and received the Kitchenaid stand mixer and food processor, as well as a real restaurant-style Belgian waffle maker. I use them all the time, but never would have gone and bought them myself. The waffle maker is required at all family functions as waffle sundaes are a long-time tradition. Everyone loves it, says they want one, but never get it. Maybe they should ask for one

My mom got the Artisan because it is what Bed Bath and Beyond had and she had a 20% off coupon and $50 rebate at the time. Can't blame her for being thrifty those puppies are not cheap! My friend deer hunts and uses the grinder to process his own meat. If pasta weren't so dang cheap I would like the pasta attachment.

I got an electric wine opener for Christmas that is the coolest thing since sliced bread. I got to use it this weekend and that is one amazing gadget. Kitchen appliances are always a good gift for me. I have received a food processor, gizmo can opener, electric wine opener, an iron, cookie cutters (100 pack), cookie sheets, springform pans, an apron all for Christmas. I like to cook so they are perfectly appropriate!
    Amanda

Ah, the Kitchen Aid. I've dropped the hint here and there, but DH thinks I have to choose it....so it will not be a gift. And I am too thrifty to pay that kind of money for a kitchen appliance for myself....it's not made of carbon faster and will not make my ride faster! heh

DH spoiled me, aslways. 2 pairs of very different slippers, custom jewelry in both types I like - recycled bike parts and semi-precious stones, CD's (we got each other the same CDs, even - Tool and Nine Inch Nails, but even the same releases!!), books about bike training, eating for bike training, and a martini recipe book, martini glasses , a sexy little black dress, a sexy chinese robe, a sheepskin handbag, leopard spot wallet gloves and scarf, the Dean Koontz book I wanted - my goodness, I'm sure I missed some things!! He was thrilled with his gifts, too, even liking the hoodie, and loving the bib shorts, bib tights, and the new tires for his road bike. I LOVE seeing that reaction!

And, of course, our house is overflowing with chocolate and assorted goodies! Yikes!

and then we did some boxing day shopping - he had to buy a new laptop since his died on Christmas day, and I found a beautiful leopard print Pashmina scarf (now adorning the bed) and a gorgeous buddha carving to hang in my zen den. All were on sale!

We've barely used the ipod nano from last Christmas, but he got me new earphones that fit the ear better, and he's got the new laptop, so I'm loading and copying CDs today. Hard to say which ones to leave out - we have hundreds of CDs to choose from!!!

And, yes, whoever said it, I really enjoy opening gifts!! The anticipation is so fun! And *anything* wrapped up is exciting.

Hugs and butterflies,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

Wow, your husband must LOVE to shop!

Karen

Ooooh, I love my KA stand mixer but I rarely use it as such (only for pie crusts). I use the PTO for saucing tomatoes and apples, and running the pasta maker.

DO NOT try use the strainer attachment to seed raspberries though. The seeds are just the right/wrong size that they will jam it like you would not have believed possible. The whole thing will stop turning and you'll be lucky to get the attachment off. You have been warned.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I can't remember the last time I used a mixer for anything but I've always admired the design of the KA mixer.
    I hope everyone got theirs in red . They should be red for proper zazz.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager