Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: I had a dream

I had a dream

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have had bronchitis and been taking Robitussin with codeine at night. It gives me some really odd dreams. Over the weekend I dreamed I did the IMAZ. I can hardly swim the length of a pool though so this is a wacky dream! I am not sure it was the cold meds or that we watched the IMAZ my husband recorded.

Last night we watched the recording of IM KY. I didn't dream I did an IM though.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    I think your dreams are trying to tell you something...
    come to the dark side...
    do an IM...

Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

I told my husband that is how you all start, you said you dreamed you did one. Maybe it is telling me I should take some swim lessons.
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Me Too!

and part of it is recurring.

i dreamed my sister and i had inherited a house in Cincinnati.
    It was a row house, like a brownstone, and it had a beautiful indoor pool-very light,surrounded by windows with a sitting area at one end (that's the recurring part-i've seen that pool in dreams before).
    (When I was four or five we lived in Cincinnati in a house that had a solarium. No pool, though.)

So I drove to Cincinnati to see if I wanted to live there. I asked the neighbors if there were stores around that I could ride my bike to

I've also had recurring dreams where there are people in my house who won't leave. The last time it was a bunch of people who looked like Larry the Cable Guy
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

I have dreamed about the same house before. It is a ranch house. I wonder if one day I will find myself at this house?
    Amanda

Like Natalie Wood in Miracle on 34th Street
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

I dreamt recently that I did a Tri w/ a friend and JLo was also participating. At the end of the Tri, my friend and I slapped high fives because we kicked her a$$ (time wise ).

I was also taking Tylenol 3 w/ codeine at the time.

Maybe it's the codeine???

Do get benefits of burning extra calories with running a Tri in your dreams??? Maybe I ought to dream about bike racing?
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by ASammy1 View Post

Maybe it's the codeine???
    My father has very strange dreams on vicodin or narcotic pain killers. My mom has raging nightmares to the point that she quit them 2 days after a massive hysterectomy and made her doctor just give her prescription ibuprofen. My husband has lots of dreams, he did a lot of running in them after being released from the hospital with two weeks of the stuff. So yeah, I am convinced codeine and narcotic pain killers whack you out. I have the same thing with vicodin, just very weird and colorful dreams.
    Amanda

Congratulations on doing the IMAZ! ! ! (in your dreams)
    Advantage - no pain, little time spent training and little recovery time. Now that is the way to do it . . . .Hope you won

When DBF was sick and after he died I was on Lexapro (anti anxiety and depression)
    I LOVED my dreams I would go to bed at night, smile and think - I wonder what I am going to dream tonight.

I am now off it again and my dreams are back to same old boring

It's about the journey and being in the moment, not about the destination