Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Renting a bike in Chicago

To disable ads, please log-in.

I will be in Chicago in a few weeks to cheer on a friend for the marathon. As everyone is skipping out of town early Monday morning, and my flight doesn't leave until 4PM, I have some time to explore (yay me! ) and would love to rent a bike to ride the Lake Shore Pathway. I'll be staying downtown close to the path (and the start of the marathon). Can anyone recommend a bike shop that can rent a bike? I'm not really fussy about what kind. I'll just be happy to be out there with those views! I LOVE Chicago.
    Christine
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Cycle! It's Good for the Wattle; it's good for the can!

On the north side of Millenium park there is a kiosk where you can rent bikes, segways, all sorts of stuff. Good rates, good bikes, have their own mechnics. They also do funky tours. http://www.bikechicago.com/
    My bike is my Benz.

Oh, looks like a fabulous place! Thank you! I'll probably go to the one by Navy Pier - I can easily walk to that one, and ride from there. I'm very excited.
    Christine
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Cycle! It's Good for the Wattle; it's good for the can!

Yes, I forgot about the one at the Pier. My old roomie and I met up in Evanston and took the train into downtown to go biking. Our tour guide was awesome and crazy, but it wasn't a challenging ride. We did get all over though - all the way to US Cellular where the Sox play and all through China town and the lake front. The lake front was so amazing and beautiful.
    My bike is my Benz.