Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

that must have been their cue to contact everyone. I will be a course director at the kids AND PRO races. Pretty cool. they must have heard of the awesome work I did at the Crystal City Midnight 5k as a course director and were impressed. I'm not surprised.
    Thanks TE! You pushed me half way over!
    http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/seagull08/tnguyen

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    If anyone else is going, wanna try to meet somewhere?
    I'd like to go if the start time isn't too early.
    Let me check that website again
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by madscot13 View Post
    they must have heard of the awesome work I did at the Crystal City Midnight 5k as a course director and were impressed. I'm not surprised.
    You will be needing a new hat to fit on your new big head

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    You will be needing a new hat to fit on your new big head

there isn't a helmet big enough for me.

Zen, I believe the Pro race begins at 11:30. I'm planning to head down via Metro to arrive 11'ish and scope out the route.

Mad, if this is anything like the CSC criterium that takes place in Arlington, it'll be a blast. Crit races are cool because it's a small loop course, so you see the riders go past every few minutes, and the course is usually small enough that you can walk around to check the race from different spots. Though, as course director, you may not be able to walk around. Or will you?

And I just a got a new camera, so this'll be a fun chance to try it out
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

And I just a got a new camera, so this'll be a fun chance to try it out
    What did you get?
    I'm canera shopping now and leaning towasrd the Nikon S60 or L5

I can meet you at Metro Center, Freedom Plaza or Pershing Park
    Last edited by Zen; 09-17-2008 at 06:15 AM.

I'll have to figure out when to do most of my sunday ride, but i'll be down there, maybe having lunch somewhere on the course. i'm going to take as many gw-clad people as will go.

What did you get?
    I'm canera shopping now and leaning towasrd the Nikon S60 or L5

I can meet you at Metro Center, Freedom Plaza or Pershing Park
    I got a Canon PowerShot SD1100IS, something I can just throw in my pocket. Haven't played with it too much yet because my computer is spending a few days with the Geek Squad and I can't upload anything I've shot to see how things look. I considered a Nikon CoolPix S600, but found the interface of the Canon just a tad more intuitive.

Do you want to meet at either my place or Shady Grove Metro? Might be easier than trying to meet downtown. I'll warn you, though, I sometimes fall asleep when riding the subway, so there might be snoring
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."

I can wipe the drool off your chin. Or maybe give you a lovely knuckle tattoo with a sharpie. "hill slug" ok?

I'll meet you at Shady Grove, then.
    What time? 10?

According to Metro, taking the 10:14 train from Shady Grove will get us to Metro Center at 10:49am. We could get there early and get some chow, or we could catch the 10:34 train and get downtown at 11:09. The F & 12th street entrance of Metro Center's right smack on the course, so we won't have to walk far unless we decide we want to be closer to the start. Still want to meet at 10:00, or want to sleep in for another few minutes and meet at 10:15?

Sorry, work's got me into that "splitting hairs" mindset today

And if you tattoo me with "hill slug", people will confuse me with MdHillSlug. Think of something else.

Metro has timetables now? That strikes me as hilarious. I'm going to aim to be there around ten.I'll wait for you or you wait for me. Just make sure we're talking about the same Waffle House.

And if you tattoo me with "hill slug", people will confuse me with MdHillSlug. Think of something else.
    she has a knuckle tattoo? How'd i miss that?

Metro has timetables now? That strikes me as hilarious. I'm going to aim to be there around ten.I'll wait for you or you wait for me. Just make sure we're talking about the same Waffle House.
    Meet me inside the station at the farecard machines. There are multiple Waffle Houses (parking lots), so that's probably safest. If I'm late, you can hang out and talk to the station manager.

she has a knuckle tattoo? How'd i miss that?
    I haven't been close enough to Nicole's knuckles to know, but as long as she's got that 'net name I figure folks would assume I'm her. Or that I'm a wanna-be, which is probably closer to the truth. The way this year's been going, I'm probably more like "hill roadkill".

I heard on the news today that as usual there will be Metro delays due to track work this weekend. Including the Red line around Friendship Heights.

So y'all should check the Metro website for details and allow extra time for the delays.

Enjoy the race!

That's what's hilarious about Metro's timetables. They have them, but rarely keep to them. Good thing we're meeting at 10am.

Thanks for the head's up, NY.

so what did you guys think?