Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Congratulations!
    You are amazing. And you are an Ironman!
    Wooo Hooo!!!!!
    Thanks for taking so much time to share the journey with us!
    Jes
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Karen, I am very, very happy for you. This is wonderful! thanks for posting your report.

And never say never.

Bravo and well done! So inspiring to read about how the months of preparation paid off and that you were able to stay positive and motivated through the day.

Be very proud, IRONMAN! (IRONWOMAN?)

Wow, I just love the recap. That is just so freaking impressive. Congrats!

cool

Congrats KSH! I'm proud of you for finishing!!! An IM is no easy feat as you know!

C

Karen I'm so dang proud of you!!!
    It's been a long time coming, but you sure deserved it.
    I've been thinking about you all day, thinking how I need to get my rear in gear.
    You inspired me, yes you did!
    Now as for the "never again".... HA! I said that after my first marathon...ummm 6 marathons ago... LOL

Now is your time to get that body all healed up. Take plenty of time to recover. Let your body dictate the pace in which you start training again.
    Sleep... LOTS!!!

Congrats again, and GREAT JOB!!
    Oh- and thanks for taking your time in the chute so we could see you and scream at our computers for you. I was so afraid I was going to miss you.. Go figure?!

HA! Thanks ladies! It was a great accomplishment in my lifetime and for that I am proud. It was hard, but I did it. I did the training and the race itself. It's more than I could have hoped for.

Oh... and there will be a detailed RR to follow.

Otherwise, I will still do tri's! Just not another Ironman... for a long, long time if ever again. It was an accomplishment and I kept a positive attitude, but it was really hard. I'm not an amazing or gifted athlete. I'm OK with that. But because I'm not that distance was a killer.

With that said, I'm looking forward to doing some sprints, Olys, and a HIM or two next year! I loved the HIM distance! That was fun!

The IM was an experience of a lifetime and made sure I enjoyed every minute of it, but for now (and years to come) I'll be OK not doing another one. I just gave up too much of my life for training and that makes training for this stuff not very much fun.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Karen,

Congratulations! What a super accomplishment!

This link was posted today on the local forum. There are some great shots and I'm not sure if you are in any but thought I would pass it along.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/store.aspx?p=29990
    Marcie

Quote Originally Posted by KSH View Post
    Been there. Done that. Bought the bumper sticker. Ain't going back.
    When do you get the tattoo?
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Thanks for the update and congratulations again. I know you're saying no way right now, but after the pain and memories fade a bit.... you may find yourself entertaining the idea again. Of course having some FUN doing the shorter races is great too, heck if it is not fun why spend the time on it.

Either way, I am one of the many most impressed and inspired by your journey!

When I started the run, I couldn't run at all. Both of my Achilles heels were seizing up. Too much pain. It had started on the bike and didn't go away. So I walked... kept a 13 minute mile for around 13 miles... then it slowly worked it's way down to a 14 minute mile and then 15... and 16 minute mile. Even then I was cruising past people. Those last 13 miles were the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. It was mind over body that whole way. By the last 3 miles I was to tired and hurting I sat down 3 times. I knew I had time to finish, so I took my time. Jonny met me about a mile out and we walked in together. Which was nice.
    That sounds familiar. I didn't sit down because I was afraid I wouldn't want to get back up, but I sure do know that feeling. The last couple of miles isn't so bad, but that middle 10 or 15... oh boy... especially on a two loop course. Second loop this way, finishers that way...

My support crew was amazing! They made shirts which Jonny surprised me with the morning of (yesterday). Thus, the honorable mention of the "KSH support crew" when I finished. Yes, I milked it. I won't be there again. Then I got a really horrible picture under the clock. My head was turned looking at the announcer. Dang it!
    Yeah, well, you finished. Print that picture out and frame it anyway. You'll remember the feeling.

Like I said though, I stuck to my plan... I executed the race I needed to...

So overall a really great day! I'm glad I am an Ironman.

Been there. Done that. Bought the bumper sticker. Ain't going back.
    Way to bottom line! Bumper sticker, tattoo... Iron Woman!

Congratulations!!!

I don't know if you remember me, haven't been on in ages with my 7 month old son having taken over my life. I was thinking about TE the other day and how I miss it, so I thought I'd drop in, and good timing! While I didn't get to follow your progress this year, I remember your progress last year up to the HIM. I'm so glad to see you accomplished your goal of finishing an Ironman this year. Congrats again!
    The best part about going up hills is riding back down!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAnika View Post
    Congratulations!!!

I don't know if you remember me, haven't been on in ages with my 7 month old son having taken over my life. I was thinking about TE the other day and how I miss it, so I thought I'd drop in, and good timing! While I didn't get to follow your progress this year, I remember your progress last year up to the HIM. I'm so glad to see you accomplished your goal of finishing an Ironman this year. Congrats again!
    Congratulations on the beautiful son!

Thanks for the kind words!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Karen,

I was on vacation when you were doing your IM and kept forgetting to check this thread when I got back, but I finally did.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your accomplishment is truly inspirational; you have done what 99.99999...% of people will never do. I'm sure your family and friends are proud beyond belief, just like we here on TE are.

You're my hero!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow