Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shin splints that escalated into acute tendonitis. I should be OK by Sunday.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

I hope that you're feeling better soon, Zen!

Okay, Becky & I've been talking about how to recognize each other at the ride...

I'm probably going to be either on the 25 or 43 mile ride (depending on what my friend's up to - I'm hoping the latter, but I don't want to kill her).

and I think I'll wear my Oscar the grouch jersey just because it's the most distinctive jersey I have.

I'll probably be on my litespeed, which looks like this & that's my car in the background:

Just in case my friend decides to borrow a road bike - I'll stick her on the litespeed or the flaming surly if she wants to go flat bar, and I'll ride my carbon bike if she wants to ride the litespeed.

Carbon bike looks like this, but I won't be taking those spinergy wheels with me:

I don't have any pics of my Bianchi, but it's ruby-colored with a chrome fork and is pretty distinctive. The car is a silver Outback wagon. DH and the dog are coming along to hang out- the husband is a big guy, and the dog is goofy, friendly, and looks mostly like a chocolate lab. I figure a guy with a dog is easier to spot than me, just another chick in cycling clothes

Haven't decided what I'm wearing yet. Probably my lime green and turquoise Pearl Izumi jersey, which will almost certainly be covered by a vest or jacket in the morning.

I should tape something to my helmet like we did for the 5 Boro bike tour

EDIT: My frame looks just like this one: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nn/ebay010.jpg

EDIT #2: Oh yeah, which route...I'm doing the metric.
    Last edited by Becky; 04-29-2009 at 08:05 AM. Reason: added link to pic

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Look for Janice and me beside my black Escape with 2 kayaks on the roof.
    Gads...I may have to trade it in for a Subbie wagon to keep up with you folks. What is that, 4 or 5 amongst the TE-DC ladies?? If I had a trailer for the Escape, I'd bring our new (old) canoes that just got dropped off at our house today for anyone who wants to paddle. We are now the owners of a 17' Grumman aluminum square-ender canoe with both electric and gas trolling motors, and a 15' kevlar ultralight weight canoe who's make I don't recall. And nowhere to store them.

I'll be doing the metric WGC on a naked ti and carbon Seven ID8, and I'll likely be wearing the Terry dragonfly jersey, as Erica and I will be both riding bikes that *used to be called* Odonata, which is the family name for dragonflies, and is a much cooler name than "ID8". We'll be Terry twinsies until she gets a proper BPVC jersey for club rides.

I'm short - the sooobie wagon is about the maximum that I can put things on the roof. At 5'1, getting a kayak on an SUV's not something that I want to deal with. I have to stand on the wheel wells of the soobie or in the door to tie the kayaks up as it is.

But my sooobie'll have a 16 foot blue kayak & a 17 foot white one on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post

EDIT: My frame looks just like this one: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nn/ebay010.jpg
    that color's beautiful.

No one is gonna be able to keep track of what everyones bike looks like.

I say if you have an AV jersey, wear it. Otherwise it's raccoon tails on your helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post

I say if you have an AV jersey, wear it. Otherwise it's raccoon tails on your helmet.
    You will if I put a flame sticker on my litespeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post

I don't have an AV jersey or a raccoon tail

I only have 1 flame sticker left, so I can't help you there either.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    But you got the Subbie wagon, so you're still good!

A sea of Subaru wagons.
    Yeah, she'll stand out.

LOL!

What is it with outdoor peoples and Subaru wagons? This one is #4 for me and DH- I think we're addicted

Zen, I'm just gonna have to go beg, borrow, or steal a racoon tail tonight

My ponytail looks like a raccoon tail (or some kind of animal) but I'll have an AV jersey for good measure