Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by elk View Post
    I think I should have the bigger shims put in the brake...yr guy sent me two sizes and my guy put the smaller (thinner) one in...honestly I don't notice that much differance...in ease of braking....
    Bummer. Why did he do that? The little shims aren't really big enough to make a big difference. The big shims work GREAT for me.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IDK.....he said let's start with these.....

oh and BTW...Mr e HAS a hybrid, a Trek 7000, and he likes it...but doesn;t LOVE it...which is what started all this. sigh. Lookswise, he really should have this:

but on our hills?????????????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NL-men.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	6917  
    Last edited by elk; 08-24-2008 at 04:36 PM.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY

oh and BTW...Mr e HAS a hybrid, a Trek 7000, and he likes it...but doesn;t LOVE it...which is what started all this. sigh. Lookswise, he really should have this:
    So... figuring out WHY he doesn't love his hybrid might help pick a good new bike for him? Perhaps his hybrid is old and way heavier than the new hybrids are today? Perhaps it's got heavy/knobby tires that you can change out to zippy sleek ones? ....My DH totally revamped his 10 year old steel Trek Hybrid and it's pretty snappy now. He put new higher gearing for hills on it, Brooks saddle, nice bars, slick tires....

It's best to start picking a bike by first deciding what kind of bike will suit your riding style, the local terrain, what you plan to use the bike for, your riding abilities, and your goals. Eliminate all bikes that don't meet these criteria, no matter how cool they look. That will narrow things down quite a bit. Once you have a certain type of bike in mind, then you can look for ones that look appealing within the criteria you've set out.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IDK.....he said let's start with these.....

oh and BTW...Mr e HAS a hybrid, a Trek 7000, and he likes it...but doesn;t LOVE it...which is what started all this.
    I think he needs a flat-bar road bike! Not a traditional hybrid... A light bike with road gearing with just flat bars instead of drop bars. He might love it.

I know it's not the most popular choice, but when I tried flat bar bikes last year, my favorite were the Marin ALP series. The Mill Valley was really nice.

FSA Wing Pro Compact does not have a classic round bend.

There are no classic round bend bars with a wing top that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by skunk View Post
    FSA Wing Pro Compact does not have a classic round bend.

There are no classic round bend bars with a wing top that I know of.
    I believe you are wrong about that...

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/ro...183.221.0.html

"At a 125mm drop and 80mm reach with round drops, you can easily find your sweet spot in the drops without having to force your hands to conform to the flat area of an anatomic drop."