Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Seattle TE dinner

I'll be back in sunny Seattle 20-22 August and wondered if folks would like to meet up for dinner one of those nights - let me know your preference.

This time I will accompanied by my SO. He has celiacs disease so is gluten free - knott maybe you can suggest somewhere to eat?

I hope that everyone I met last time will be able to come and anyone else who couldn't make it then.

MMQFC - sorry we couldn't fit our dates around yours but we fly back to Scotland on 30th Aug and need to spend some time in Calgary before then.

I fly out tomorrow and should really be packing but find myself engaged in displacement activity......
    If it's not one thing it's another

Hot diggity!!!

Yeah, I'll help pick someplace to eat! I pretty much eat anywhere, so if we figure out what type of food everyone wants to eat, then I will do the footwork to make sure Future Mr. Bruno and I will be able to eat there.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I think i am available too. Can't wait to meet him. we can go somewhere gluten free but that has meat, right?
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

I will be in Pittsbrugh from August 10-22! It seems I always have something going on! sigh

You can't stay through the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    we can go somewhere gluten free but that has meat, right?
    Definitely!

Well, I'm all packed and ready to go. I fly out tomorrow morning.

Just relaxing watching the Tour de France at the moment.

Susan 126 - I'm not sure we can stay through the weekend as we have to get back to Calgary. I'll let you know if we change our plans.

sulking momentarily here - let me know if plans change too, willya?! and hey, look what's going on this weekend near here:
    http://www.sshga.org/games/spectator...sSchedules.htm

have tons o' fun with our awesome TE contingent in Seattle and the PNW, Bruno and future Mr. B...I'll catch up with you some other time...
    Hope that you enjoy a safe and very fun trip throughout.
    tailwinds!
    Mary

Bruno

Oddly enough, I just saw THIS today -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/20...ss&feed=uknews

You sure you want to miss it?

I am only available on that friday so maybe it depends on what time you fly out. Maybe an impromptu luncheon could happen on the 22nd? The other days I work until 2am and I really don't think anyone wants to stay up that late.

Can't wait to meet the future Mr. B

Aw, man! I'm heading home (across the state) the day before. So close!! It would be fun to meet some fellow TE "bike nerds".

I should be in town those days, so count me in!

Susan -- Pgh in August, huh? Any Steelers training camp for you?

Quote Originally Posted by jocelynlf View Post
    I should be in town those days, so count me in!

Susan -- Pgh in August, huh? Any Steelers training camp for you?
    I wish! No, I'm going home to help my sisters and brother. We are moving our parents into an assistive living place. Very nice one too! My one sister did all the research and searching and it's beautiful. Of course mom and dad (77 and 91) do not want to move out of their home of over 56 years. It's going to be a tough 12 days! And I won't have my stress releasers . . . MY BIKES to help me destress.

Knott - have you tried Greens GF beer?

When I asked Mr Bruno what he missed most about having celiacs he said 'Beer' and he thinks this is the best GF beer he's tasted. I like it too.

http://www.glutenfreebeers.co.uk/

The US distributer seems to be in washington state so it shouldn't be too hard for you to get hold of some.

The guy that makes it has celiacs so he understands the problem.

Okay - gotta go to the airport now

My favorite gluten free beer hands-down is Red Bridge. Made by the same company who makes Budweiser, and was recently bought by a European company whose name has completely escaped me.... anyway, I hope the new holding company doesn't drop the Red Bridge.

Bard's Tale beers are good, but not as good. They are my second favorite.

I've seen Green's at the store, but it's so incredibly expensive that I've never bought any.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson