Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

http://www.lodginginseattle.com/bed-...d-nautilus.htm

This would be fairly close to the Burke Gilman trail...

I got it from this B&B link--

http://www.lodginginseattle.com/
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Thanks -those look really nice - unfortunately no availability Seems a busy period for seattle. We got something booked which looks downtownish. Will drive the bikes to where we need to be.
    If it's not one thing it's another

did you say you already found a place? we like the embassy suites in lynnwood. north of seattle but still nice and the prices are not downtown rates. at least i don't think so...

Ok - the plan is to have a meal on Friday 22nd August.

Knott - can you recommend somewhere that does gluten free well?

Also can we have a head count so we can make reservations?

The Brunos are around 20th to 23rd and are available for bike rides, coffee, lunch etc. Only exclusion is we have a trip planned for 21st. Let me know if you want to meet up.

Yes! I will be there. Will have to check with C (he's out riding around).
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Bruno, I just eat where-ever, and honestly I eat out so rarely that I just have no recommendations.

Thai food is always good. There's a good (tiny) Thai place in Edmonds.

What kind of food do you guys like?

(and the Harbor Inn in Edmonds is a decent place to stay. On the beach and a bike route and a couple blocks from the Edmonds ferry dock.)
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 08-12-2008 at 08:03 PM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I should be able to make it I am off that day. Will check with DH, he's been working friday nights but maybe he can come out to play.

we both like all types of food -except Mr Bruno finds Chinese problematic and I hate sushi.

I love Thai food so the place in edmonds would be good if others are ok with that.

Glad it looks like you can make it Teigyr.

So far we have Salsa (poss plus Mr) Knott, Teigyr (poss plus Mr). Mimi? Dex? Anyone else????

I find Chinese food problematic also: too much hidden wheat.

Edmonds is a bit out of the way (but near Salsa, Teigyr, and me), and Seattle does have a lot of Thai. I just have a habit of going to this particular place. http://www.thaicottage.net/

Anybody have other suggestions?

ETA: Thai Cottage is walking distance from the Harbor Inn http://www.nwcountryinns.com/edmonds.html , which is walking distance from the beach and the ferry and the busses... and Edmonds is small and cute and very managable, if you'd like a small town as your basecamp for exploring Seattle.
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 08-13-2008 at 08:21 PM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I'm sorry but I won't be able to make it. I have a big training weekend then. It's strategic planning and last big ride to get ready for the Ring of Fire Time Trial. Darn. Have a blast you gals (and Misters).
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Count me in!

And for Thai, MAY in Wallingford is excellent.

Chris will be there too. And we also have a really great Thai restaurant in the neighborhood. Once we have a head count, maybe we can get a fix on the exact place.

I'm putting it on my calendar now.

Thai certainly looks like the front runner.

Could some kind person take on the headcount and restaurant booking stuff - we are heading to Montana on saturday and from then on it won't be easy for me to get internet access. Salsa will keep me up with what's happening.

I'm reeeally looking forward to seeing you guys again and meeting some new folks too

And Mr Bruno is intrigued to meet you all as well!

if it's closer in (like Wallingford) Raleighdon and i can make it. the further north it is, the harder it gets for me to make it. I think we're in, let me know
    (I'm a little shaky right now, son getting married saturday and my headache is back)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.