Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by aka_kim View Post
    Nah, be in awe of Pedal Wench - the Colorado Rocky Mountain Bike Tour sounds seriously intense.
    Slow and steady... And I STILL don't have my pics up yet.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

You asked if your bike fit...I think it's a bit too small for you and the seat needs to be raised. The frame itself may need to be a larger size OR your seat may need to be brought back a bit. Just a suggestion Nice work! I'll be in CO this coming week. Any advice on altitude adjustment???

I'm heading out tomorrow too. I'm drinking alot, and slightly upping my carbs. Lay off the caffeine and alcohol, and take it easy the first few days, if possible. That's my plan, but for RTR, I was a little queazy the first few days.

Will my acclimating from that trip (about 5 weeks ago) have any residual effect for this one?
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

We've just been invited to join some friends on this ride next year...

Can some lowlanders like us do such a strenuous ride in the thin air? We live 398 feet above sea level...
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

I live at about 100-200 feet above sea level, so it is possible for us flat landers to do BTC.

I took (some of) the advice from another thread here on dealing with altitude sickness - mostly in drinking a lot of water and avoiding caffeine and alcohol for a few days before the ride. I flew to Durango the day before the ride started, maybe not ideal for acclimatization, but we did do an easy 5 mile ride around town which I think helped.

Riding hills for several months in advance was the best preparation, though . Oh, and having a broken computer mount so I never had to see just how slow I was going. That was important too.

Wow, beautiful pictures. I can't imagine doing that ride. I guess I better start training now for NEXT year!

Great job!