Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Back in the saddle again

To disable ads, please log-in.

After not riding for a month, due to work conflicts, and laziness on weekends...

Went for a levee ride yesterday afternoon. Was caught by one of my office's best riders, who's happy to train us mortals. So after some chatting, I told him I NEEDED to draft. John pulls up in front, and holds a nice 16.5 until my breathing was under control, then when I told him he could go a bit faster, and we sped up to 18 or so, which we held for several miles. I reached my goal for the first half of my out-and-back, John waved off to continue his ride home. Grand total - 20 miles, 15.8 average speed, light breeze.

Of course when I got home, Nala the dog was anxious for her walk, and this time she had to pull me along. Dog Whisperer doesn't cover the part when the human pack leader isn't up to walking their usual fast pace.
    Beth

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    Dog Whisperer doesn't cover the part when the human pack leader isn't up to walking their usual fast pace.
    No, but he recommends roller blades or treadmills for exercise. Hop on your mtb and take them for a quick jog. It's the only way I can exercise my beasts at their pace.

Yeah, but it's hot out, and Nala is old. I've been ordered by her Vet to have "quiet walks."

I don't own a mtb, but do have a cruiser, and have thought about taking her out for a run, when it's cooler. Unfortunately at this time of year, I can't let her get overheated.
    Beth

Quiet walk sounds like a good plan in this heat!

Great job on the ride!
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"

dogs walk or run

Hi
    we have been told by our vet
    no matter how old the dog
    always walk, never exercise them with you on your bike

I have to agree
    cause if i threw balls to exercise either of my dogs to run "for ever" they would ........ and probably would only stop when they dropped with exhaustion

Scarlet x
    Life is Great!

John O'Groats to Lands End 1000 miles+ 12 days July- August 2008

http://www.bhf.org.uk/sponsor/sandrascyclingJOGLE