Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm coming in a little late in this but boy, tomorrow is the blessing of the animals at my neighborhood church and perhaps the mutts and I can sneak in and say a little prayer.

I hope he's back out there soon! Tell him when he gets better I'll introduce him to this little cutie.

"True, but if you throw your panties into the middle of the peloton, someone's likely to get hurt."

hmmm... thanks I'll have to share that pic w/Justin. I love her jersey! So hard to find cute bmx race jerseys.

We had a HUGE surprise lastnight at the track. Justin got out of the hospital yesterday and came to the track.
    When I pulled into the parking lot I saw a lady who looked like his mom standing at the side of the track staring off into the distance. I thought to myself "Is that her? no it couldn't be". But then I realized it was as she was staring at the spot the helicopter had landed.
    She gave me a big ol hug, and told me that he was hanging out in the shack.
    He's lost 30 lbs, and is sooo pale. You can also tell that there was a head injury, as he's a bit slow to respond to you, and his motor skills are a bit off. He had a big smile and hug for me tho. And everyone was sooo happy to see him.
    They stopped practice and presented him with signed jerseys from a couple of olympic athletes. Last weekend the track owner and another guy were asked to go to the olympic training facility to help work on the track out there. So I guess they were telling the athletes about Justin and they literally took the jerseys off their backs.
    The presentation brought tears to my eyes. Well there were more than a few tears actually!
    He has a ways to go yet, but I know he'll be back!
    Thanks again for all your prayers and good thoughts! Clearly they worked!

Wonderful news!!!!

What GREAT news!!!! GO Justin!!!!!!
    DeAnna

Never take life seriously.
    Nobody gets out alive anyway

Oh thank goodness, that's wonderful.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Wow - I was away when this happened so I just caught up with this thread. I was really worried when I read the first messages but what a great ending! I'm glad the boy is all right!!

HE's got a journey ahead of him... but he's on the path

Thanks for the updates...

Wonderful news -- what a relief. Continue your great support as he is healing. This is when he will need it.
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Wooooooo Hoooooooo Justin!! That's great news. It'll be a long road to recovery but like other's have said... he's on it!!
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

yay!!! Thanks for posting this, RM! So glad he's back visiting the track, socializing with his buddies, and the jerseys are fantastic!!

Still sending loads of butterflies to help him keep healing and to keep his spirit of joy and wonder going to help him heal. it's all part of it.

I'm sure the butterflies will have something wonderful for you, too, you've done so much already and deserve so much in return.

Big hugs,too,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

cool

RM-That's great news!! I'm sure young justin's very happy to be out of the hospital.

I have an article about Johnnie Waddell from a recent Aust Mtn Bike magazine that i'm happy to send. I hope it provides Justin with some inspiration!

C

That's fantastic!

Karen

calendar

RM, i just picked up the latest copy of Enduro (aussie endurance cycling mag) and thought the following would be of interest to ya.

The ride-calendar aims to highlight the life of mountain bikers who've endured serious injuries & thier love for life after. Johnnie Waddell is one of the folks highlighted.

www.ride-calendar.com

I've not visited the site yet as i've just come back to my desk from buying th mag.

Hey all.
    I'm going to print this thread out and take it to Justins family on Wednesday. So if you'd like to add anything... Please do.
    Justin is doing much better, but has lots of OT/PT ahead of him.
    But in true form he's back out at the track looking forward to the day he can get back out there and rip it up.

Thanks again for your support!

Denise

Justin-I/we hope hope this thread gives you some more inspiration to continue to follow your dreams. I'm sure your time at the track has helped at least somewhat in the healing process. Of course nothing can replace the feeling you have when you are on the bike in total control doing your thing and having a great time doing it.

Go slowly and proceed as much as your body will allow. Then soon enough you'll be back out there being the great roll model that you are to others around you.

Best wishes and good luck on your future races!

Red Rock