Firstly, Hi all, I haven't been on in around a year, so nice to be back! (the sun is out and so is the bike, so i'm back on the forum )

I know that this topic has sort of been covered by kat_h, but second opinions are always a good thing.

Ok, here it is.
Max HR: 200bpm

I got a heart rate monitor at the weekend as have used it this week on my cycles before college.

Seems like my average is pretty high.
I'm thinking this may be due to just not training during winter and practically starting at square one again. Although I did try and keep fit during winter by using the bike in the gym, but this may have been a waste of time - and boring as hell might i add!)
But as you probably understand, am slightly concerned incase that is not the reason!

Here's some stats from 3 cycles so far with the moniter (sorry to bore you guys)

Monday (1hour 20mins)
MAX: 187 = 97%
AVG: 163 = 84%

Tuesday (55mins)
MAX: 182 = 86%
AVG: 166 = 64%

Wednesday (1hour 15mins)
MAX: 191 = 99%
AVG: 171 = 89%

I'm training for a one day event and am trying to follow one of Polar's plans.

On Monday I was supposed to ride for 1hour at a steady pace (between 120-140bpm, 60-70%) But I could barley stay in that zone, and when I tried too, i would have been riding all day is was so slow!
I didn't feel as if it was worth riding at that pace at all.

I asked a personal trainer out of my class (i'm studying exercise and fitness, and before you think it! Yes, we have studied heart rate training zones. lol) He seemed quite surprised that my average was that high....

So naturally, I'm a bit confused
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this sort of thing or any advice?

(Sorry for writing a book, i hate reading long threads!)

Suzi