Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

That's a "standard" clipless pedal accident. The ones that really get the fond looks from the witnesses are when you're standing around looking cool keeping one foot clipped in (like at a light) and all of a sudden you seem to have shifted your weight to the side that's still clipped in!!!!
    Next thing you know you and the bike are in a heap and you can't figure out how that happened....much to the enjoyment of all the pedestrians!

Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket's Mom View Post
    That's a "standard" clipless pedal accident. The ones that really get the fond looks from the witnesses are when you're standing around looking cool keeping one foot clipped in (like at a light) and all of a sudden you seem to have shifted your weight to the side that's still clipped in!!!!
    Next thing you know you and the bike are in a heap and you can't figure out how that happened....much to the enjoyment of all the pedestrians!
    Lol...well...I pretty much had that scenerio happen Friday night! My 2nd fall now....(cept I really wasn't 'trying' to look cool!!)

I did have audience to this one....and the gal circled her rig around to see if I was ok and see if I wanted a ride.... ohhhh the humility!!!!

I declined of course...BUT I ended up with 2 nice (very pretty colored) knee/leg bruises...and a scuffed saddle

I also experienced my 1st A-hole driver....

I already was as far over as I could be on the street....leaving just a few inches between me and the parked cars......(on a 25 mph side street) when a mini van passed by (and I SWEAR) she was trying to get as close to me as she could w/out touching.....I seriously could have stuck my pinky out and touched her car! and there was NObody coming the other direction...there was no excuse for her to not to have given me a bit more space!

Not sure why it's so hard for people to just be decent and respectful of one another!
    DeAnna

Never take life seriously.
    Nobody gets out alive anyway