Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

new to the forum, semi-new to cycling

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi! i'm so excited to have found this forum. i'm sort of new to cycling, but i have been training for the Tour de Cure charity ride from san antonio to austin in mid may. i'm moving to austin in june and i'm looking to find some riding partners. (i'll be sad to leave mine behind in san antonio!) i'm planning on moving to the hyde park area (i'm starting a graduate nursing program at UT). if it doesn't rain, i'd like to go on the ACA ride through austin this sunday.
    well, i'm looking forward to talkin with yall in the future!

Welcome Zencadence!

Hi Zen! I am in Austin (actually 20-30 miles NW of the city). I normally ride really long training rides with the husband on Sundays, but he wants me to find some people to ride with on other days so he can train for racing. So I might be able to ride with you some when you get here (and I won't hold it against you that you are heading to UT).

The ACA rides are good if it is the right ride. Sometimes I end up dropped and riding by myself which stinks. This time of the year is a pretty good time to join them though, the turn out is better and less likely you will end up all alone.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Austin is a great cycling town. I lived right near Hyde Park way back when. Beautiful neighborhood!

Welcome and good luck with your training!

thanks for the warm welcome! and amanda i would love to go out on a long ride sometime- i'm gonna be pretty swamped until june (the tour de cure is the end of may) and then i'm moving the next weekend (and i guarantee my body is going to be mad at me!) But then after that my afternoons and weekends will simply be devoted to studying or cycling!

Hi Zen -

I'm in SA now and looked up the Tour de Cure. Are you riding both days? I'm thinking of the 50 miles on day 1 to San Marcus and 25 miles on Day 2 to Austin (don't want to push myself too hard!)

Bike World on Broadway is my LBS. Austin will be so cool! Have a step-son and a brother who both live there.

Welcome to the forum!

hi beelady,
    yeah, i'm riding both days - 55 mi the first day and 50 the second. i'm just now starting to really freak out. i haven't been able to get out on the road these last two weekends, it's been hectic preparing to move and finding an apt,etc. the bike world on broadway is right down the street from my work!