Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

cinderella ride??

To disable ads, please log-in.

Okay so I AM SHOWING UP THIS YEAR.

My questions are.

Do they have routes shorter than the metric century?

I don't think I have the stamina to ride all 64 miles. my longest YTD is paltry 40milers. back to back, on two consequtive days, each with only 2300 feet or so of climb. I hope to do a 50+ miler before the event but we only have two more weekends before the event.

How much climb is there on this ride? says couple of rollers and hills but how long, how steep, elevation gain???

600 feet climb on my training ride with 10% grade is enough to drain me.

I always like to be prepared and I just don't feel like it right now. I realize this is supposed to be much easier than the death ride, climb the kaiser, breathless in agony, ride around the bear (living in the past). but when its advertised as easy, I'm not sure what to expect.

I guess I'm looking for encouragement because I don't have the confidence to go the distance.

smilingcat

I don't have my data anymore from the year I did Cinderella, but 1,000 feet total climb is the number that comes to mind.

The first climb on Cross Rd. really is a hill, but it's not bad. The second one, which the Cinderella people have named Lemondrop, seems like a bump in the road when you ride it. It's on my Morgan Territory, Mt Diablo loop. It's about two miles from the end of MT Rd to the top of Lemondrop and climbs 205 feet - 2% grade.

V.
    Last edited by Veronica; 03-17-2008 at 04:46 AM.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Smilingcat- If you do a 50 miler before the Cindy, you will be fine. Veronica has wisely pointed out the hills- and they really aren't that difficult.

There are 4 rest stops along the ride and if you really get tired, you can get sagged to the finish. Once you get to Tassajara school (the last stop and, well worth it), the rest is mostly DOWN. The only not so fun part is that some of it is in Saturday traffic so you have to be vigilent.

It should be a great ride this year as the wildflowers are beginning to bloom and it is quite green out.

It's lots of fun- people dress up and you'll see lots of different bikes.

Also, someone will set up a pre-Cinderella dinner- for Friday night not far from the start of the ride. I highly recommend that you come if you can. It's lots of fun and you'll get to meet some of the NCal TE'ers.
    Nancy

I've decided not to ride Cinderella this year due to some hip/knee issues that have suddenly appeared . If you, or someone you know, needs a registration entry, mine's up for grabs. PM me and I will arrange for the transfer.

Have a dr. appt. this afternoon to see if I can get an answer, or at least a referral to orthopedics. This is a first for me in five years of serious cycling and I'm bummed.
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

((((five_one)))))) I hope you'll still join us at pre-Cindy dinner. We are having one, right?
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    I hope you'll still join us at pre-Cindy dinner. We are having one, right?
    Um...probably won't make it to dinner.

The last few months have been not so great. I'm not one for putting my personal life up on the web (or even posting on TE for that matter . I make a much better lurker), but I have not done much riding since November and this injury - whatever it is - needs babying. I don't want to be sitting out the spring and summer because...I just ordered a new bike last week . Custom Serotta Coeur d'Acier. Only the frame has been ordered. I don't know what level Campy "jewelry" I'll end up with. Or any other components, at this point. Need to research and talk more with Terry, my LBS guy.

Back to Cinderella, if I don't hear from anyone from TE by Friday, I'll put the reg on Craigslist.
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams