Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Keen sandals

Hybrid View

Keen sandals

Anybody tried these?

Just got an email telling me what my REI dividend is and with the 20% coupon I'll have enough to get them. But my feet are picky. I would go to the store and try them on.

There may be better things to blow my div on.

some people love Keen. I found their platform too rigid for my feet.
    They are well made shoes and I sigh every time i see my Orange keens that i can't wear anymore. Do try them.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    some people love Keen. I found their platform too rigid for my feet.
    They are well made shoes and I sigh every time i see my Orange keens that i can't wear anymore. Do try them.
    Mimi, do you not wear a stiff bike shoe?

Also just realized I am not being specific enough. I mean the Commuter Bike sandals:

http://www.rei.com/product/765248?vc...SHP_CYCLING_LD

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle View Post
    Mimi, do you not wear a stiff bike shoe?

Also just realized I am not being specific enough. I mean the Commuter Bike sandals:

http://www.rei.com/product/765248?vc...SHP_CYCLING_LD
    Yes, I wear SIDI's, but I don't hike in them!
    My feet are rarely too hot, so I have not gotten bike sandals yet. I was just referring to the foot bed in the Keens i have owned. My feet are not flat, just different from the "keen mold" whatever that is. I am very jealous of my girlfriend who CAN wear the keens, they are really cool.

So if they fit well, the ones you are looking at; I can guarantee they are a good shoe.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

I have three pair of Keen summer shoes and one pair or Keen winter boots (I'm wearing them right now). I love Keens and find them incredibly comfortable...that said they can get a little sticky and stinky in the summer.

Electra Townie 7D

I am envious of those of you who can wear Keens. They are always too "high" for me (i.e. there is a lot of room between the top of my foot and the upper of the shoe). But they're really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    I have three pair of Keen summer shoes and one pair or Keen winter boots (I'm wearing them right now). I love Keens and find them incredibly comfortable...that said they can get a little sticky and stinky in the summer.

Same here, Queen - except I have four pair of shoes - no boots. I wear them all the time.
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

I just bought a pair of the Keen bike sandals from TE. Although I haven't gone out on any long rides on them yet, so far so good on my trainer. They're pretty comfy.

If I commute in to work tomorrow (15 miles each way), I'll let you know how they work out.

I use Eggbeater pedals & cleats, btw

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Keen lace clasps

My Keen Taos lace clasps slip, so that the shoes are always loose. Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep the laces tight?

Keen Commuter Cycling Sandals

I am very interested in purchasing Keen Commuter Cycling Sandals; however, I have road clips. Do these sandals work with road clips? or do they only work with SPD clips? Sorry, but this is only my second year of cycling and I am very new to clips.

Thanks,

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by LisaSmith1963 View Post
    I am very interested in purchasing Keen Commuter Cycling Sandals; however, I have road clips. Do these sandals work with road clips? or do they only work with SPD clips? Sorry, but this is only my second year of cycling and I am very new to clips.

Thanks,

Lisa
    Hi Lisa,

Only SPDs.

Quote Originally Posted by redrhodie View Post
    Hi Lisa,

Only SPDs.
    I wear mine with Crank Bros. But still no road clips.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager