Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey, I'm used to getting up for masters swimming at 5:20 AM. I think I can make 11.

GLC?? That means we should hook up at around 7:30 AM - doable?

And of course I will need an address/directions.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

I do NOT have a trainer stand or skewer to fit said stand.

Anybody who has a stand and skewer they know and love, feel free to bring it/them. (and do you mind if we maybe share with one or two others?)

My apartment is very small. We will be doing the bike stuff out on my patio which is partially covered, so if it rains we are ok.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I have 2 trainers that I will bring. They will fit most skewers but if you know you are special needs.... well you get the idea.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Ooh, sounds like Wahine covers the trainer needs! You rock, babe!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

speaking of bike fitting; after i did the Chilly hilly i had rather persistent hand pain. I also noticed that my inclinometer was "off" by quite a bit. This week I reset my handlebars so that the inclinometer was level again and PRESTO! my hand pain went away.

eeek!
    just because you got fitted, doesn't mean that it is going to STAY that way!!!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Isn't it really neat how a few adjustments make a world of difference?! I was professionally fitted on my bike 5 years ago and I have everything marked. So when DH breaks down the bikes every six months for maintenance it goes back exactly as was. I can ride for hours and still feel great afterwards.

Open Invite?

Hey all. Is this open to newcomers? I just discovered I have that morning off. I know LITTLE about my bike except that I love to ride it. I would be interested in learning a lot more! And in meeting everyone. I need to be back to the north by late afternoon, but may just be able to make it down there. Would that be okay? I don't want to crash a party!
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

I think all people that are coming should be prepared to make some kind of donation to the gals who are putting this on. If there is no tip jar I will bring one.

Everyone's invited, but please let Knot know you are coming!

Jesvetmed, I look forward to meeting you!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

Oh, I just read through this whole thread and an unimaginably jealous! Alas, I can not make it to this wonderful party and bike fitting and meeting of bike goddesses!

If it's at all possible, please post descriptions, and photos if you can, of the yoga and stretches, too! I'd like to know which yoga poses will most contribute to a healthier and more efficient position on the bike.

I'm sending lots of butterflies to you for the day. You will all have such a great time!

Hugs,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

Wahine - 7:30 works for me! I'll probably have to figure out some place to meet you as I am actually a little west of the city. On which route will you be coming into PDX?
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    I think all people that are coming should be prepared to make some kind of donation to the gals who are putting this on. If there is no tip jar I will bring one.

Everyone's invited, but please let Knot know you are coming!

Jesvetmed, I look forward to meeting you!
    Great idea, Mimi...I'm in to contribute $ and to the potluck too.

Not to steal anyone's thunder here, but I would also be willing to bring my work stand and truing stand if anyone needs some impromptu maintenance or wheel-truing lessons.

Also, we are bringing both kids, so I guess I'll volunteer for baby-sitting duty while y'all go and ride.
    re-cur-sion ri'-ker-shen n: see recursion

bravo Boy!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

OOOh! Wheel truing!!!!! Maintanance!!!! COOOLLLLL! (I'll be doing babysitting with you, Mr. TigerKilt. Sknot and I won't be doing the ride.)

No need for a tip jar, this is just for fun and to look at how y'all mesh with your bikes. We likely won't be changing much of anything. Don't give us tips, just bring goodies for the potluck!

And yes, JVM, open invite! If I don't PM you with my addy and directions, PM me and remind me. I am horribly disorganized and need reminding.

I'm with Knott on the no tip jar. If you tipped us we'd feel obligated to provide good service...

This'll be fun and you'll be feeding me. That'll cost you all enough. There's a reason why I'm an Athena you know.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS