Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

It's possible, but not assured, that I will be racing on the 29th, but I'm definitely free on the 30th. If I race on the 29th, I likely wouldn't be back in Seattle until pretty late in the evening.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Oooo!ooooo! Ooooo! I THINK I CAN MAKE IT! Either weekend!

And, I really actually do need some help with fitting some aspects of my bike. Given that I live less a kilometer from Knotted, I'll just sail on down the hill.

what time? sooner I know the sooner I can talk work into shifting my schedule if need be!

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    Sat or Sun would be fine for me, Sat might be better because my church doesn't get out until about 1:00 pm on Sunday. A little more wiggle room on Saturday.

And that way I can spend Sat morning frantically cleaning my Den of Squalor.
    so, are you still tentative on which day or settled on the afternoon of Sat, the 29th?

Lets do the 29th but I would suggest an late morning/early afternoon start. Work on bike fitting and eating then go for a short ride.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

TrickyTiger - would you be interested in leading the ride down to Olympic Beach/ferry dock?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Oooooooo, and I can bring my sexy new bike.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Erm, yessss..... I think so! Assuming I don't kill anyone on 205th or Edmonds Way- would the best route be to go through Woodway? That's how I go, at least. Would be pleased to lead something. I'll try to get the 29th off ASAP.

Yeah, I can give you a quick outline of the route from my place; but basically it's the bike route through Woodway.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Is the 29th pretty well set for this, then?

Doing some work with my calendar...
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Yup. The 29th it is.

We haven't specifically come up with a time just yet thought I suggested late morning/early afternoon so we can go out for a ride after we play with the bikes.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Knot, I was thinking of making caraway seed scones for this. Is there a good gluten-free flour that works well as a sub for regular old flour, that you know of? If not, I will bring something else.

Don't worry too much about cleaning! None of us will be worried--we're just looking forward to being in good company.

By the way, and this is partly fyi, BikerHen--Chris will not be coming to this one, since he is starting the RAMROD training rides next Saturday.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Knott - we're just going to make a big mess anyway.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

This is such a cool idea. I wished I lived out closer to you guys - I'd love to join this. You guys have a nice camaraderie going out there, and you seem like you're alotta fun.

I have been following and really interested in Knott's excursions into bike fitting and saddle studies. Thanks for posting those Knott.

I'm wondering. Although this would really seem like an extra amount of work for you all - so it's a rather selfish request I guess, but - it'd be great if you guys could do some sort of quick photo documentation of what you're doing. Or quick notes like "here's so and so's problem" or "this isn't right based on this posture and your ailment" and then explain how you addressed it and then post it so we could all see how it went. The way you PT gals couple this info with the whole body physiology is great. It's so interesting.

I think I need to find a good fitter. I've been to 2 already for the same bike and each approach and remedy has been quite different from each other.

Hey, if I can get organized enough to put batteries in my camera, I'd be happy to take some pics!

Salsa - make regular wheat scones! (but if you want to experiment, try Pamela's Pancake and Baking Mix.) I will have plenty of gluten-free stuff for the potluck, too.

Wahine - what's the status with you and wheat?

I can have some, I just can't over do it. So beer's OK, pizza once in a while oK, a sandwich once a week but not 2 in one day So It's all about moderation for me, not complete abstinence.

Now I'm curious. Why?

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS