Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Good Vibes Thread

I'm trying to be grateful for at least one thing every day (my quest to be more optimistic). Everyone please join in!! Today's

Fiona's stitches are looking good & she isn't licking them (newly spayed golden retriever puppy extraordinaire)

It's sunny outside and there are some signs of spring, despite the cold (crocuses!!)

I got in a 50 miler--outside--this morning and there was NO ICE.

I don't have to go back to work until Thursday and have only seven (7) more days left in my horrible assignment.

Let's see...

- I am going on a ride this afternoon with a new cycling buddy.
    - The issue with the brakes jumping on the Four-runner ended up being nothing more than a tightly jammed rock. Nothing expensive to have repaired, thank goodness.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

2010 Kelson custom/Brooks B17 Imperial
    2009 Masi/Terry Damselfly
    2004 Specialized Dulce Elite/Terry Damselfly
    2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara/unknown saddle
    1987 Bridgestone 100/Terry Liberator X

Velobambina, I'm grateful for the Craft jacket you sold me a few months ago! It's toasty! I'm still riding!

The sun is coming out here and the crocuses are poking up and it isn't raining.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

My body lets me exercise. For that, I am eternally grateful.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Oh! Great thread! Thanks for starting it and may it go on and on!

Besides being thankful to you, VB, for starting this, one long-term thing: I have a husband whom I love dearly, and who loves me.

And one short-term thing: I'm starting to finally get over this bronchitis, I actually rode the commuter bike to Pilates class this morning and so far I don't feel any worse! Maybe even a little cardio tomorrow I hope I hope I hope!

VB,

Every morning when I wake up I think of all that I am grateful for. It usually includes: my boyfriend, my house, my health, my family. It is good to make a habit of saying thank you to the universe. When you show gratitude, more good things will come your way, just wait and see!

Cheers,
    Kate

I am grateful for my family and friends.
    For my job.
    For my wonderful town that offers wonderful bike riding almost year round.
    And grateful for my fur kids.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

I am a glass is half full kinda girl and I try to look at all the things I should be grateful for throughout the day.

Today: I'm grateful to have been able to run 10 km in beautiful weather with good friends.
    I am grateful I could help a friend deal with her pain
    I am grateful for my handsome, funny, intelligent husband
    I am grateful for my beautiful house
    I am grateful for the peacefulness of my life right now
    I am grateful that my mother is still hanging in there
    I am grateful for the beautiful sunset tonight, the wonderful meal I just had and the glass of red wine in my hand.
    I am grateful for T. the electrician

I really could go on for hours.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Ahh.. this we should do daily!

OK..
    I am thankful for my health.
    For a longtime good friend who is now gone, who has left me tremendous funny memories and a life time of laughter!
    For my husband who is SO supportive, no matter what I take on... as long as I try to be on time to whatever I commit to with him!
    For the sunshine that I woke up to today!
    For dinner with good friends, and the margaritas we shared!
    For a job that pays me nicely and leaves me time to really enjoy my life.
    To the mexican restaurant who had food tonight, when my hubby failed to come home with the FISH!
    And last, for finding TE... you guys ROCK!
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

I am so happy my mom is going to move home permanently, it will be wonderful seeing her more than three or four times a year!

I am beyond grateful for the love and companionship of my honey, together we make a beautiful team.

Electra Townie 7D

[QUOTE=Wahine;287176]I am a glass is half full kinda girl QUOTE]
    Me, too. In fact, sometimes it seems to irritate people that I'm so freakin' optimistic, so it's nice to have this thread where I can vent my optimism freely--thanks Velobambina!

I feel fortunate for so many things most of the time:
    my friends and family
    a job I love
    Cocoa the chocolate lab
    great biking buddies
    my health.

But today, the best thing is that I found out my twin brother's coming to visit us in May--woo hoo! He lives in Alaska and I in Florida, so our visits are few and very special to us.
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

I am grateful for Bike Friday's customer service - they (unexpectedly) shipped our stems back 2nd day air, and we'll have them tomorrow.

I'm thankful that my colleague is finally getting the help he so desperately needs.

I'm thankful for daffodils - our first sign of spring

And I'm very grateful for my fur babies - Teddy the Golden who puts his head in my lap, and Garfield the cat who sits beside me. Buffet who grooms my hair and Cricket - each day he is alive and comfortable is a treasure...
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Great idea!

I'm thankful today for the pain in my knees, which is my reminder that I have been working hard helping my son get his house ready to sell, which means I have raised someone so responsible so young that he has a house to sell in the first place.

I'm thankful for my bike, which I will go pedal around the block a few times before the rain comes, to help my knees feel better.

I'm thankful for the sunshine streaming in my window, because I know it's not going to last.

Karen

Thursday, I am grateful for---

Our year-round sun room, where I work out with Coach Troy. Warm & dry when it's nasty outside;

My fluffy Patagonia fleece cardigan, which I'm wearing to work today. Its good vibes will hopefully serve as a "anti-Strega shield" during the big meeting I have scheduled today. May it allow me to deflect all of La Strega's backstabbing, nasty ways and prevail over her machinations;

Only six more days, counting today, in this assignment from hell. The light at the end of this tunnel is getting brighter