Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Winter touring

Winter touring

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just did my first winter tour...5 days self-contained with 6 women in southern AZ. So happy to report it's possible. We biked in shorts...wow, but stayed in lodging because of cold nights. Check out the journal on crazy guy.

http://crazyguyonabike.com/doc/southernaz

We had so much fun. It turned into a pilot trip of sorts for my two wheel traveling gig. I hope it inspires you to get out there. Cheers!

Thanks for posting your report!!! I love to read them (and yours is great) - I know it takes a LOT of work

CA
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Thanks for the link, 2 wheel
    Always great to read others stories about their bikes
    Glad it was successful

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Great adventure- thanks for sharing. I'm always reading journal entries on that site, and I loved yours. Glad you had a great time!!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Loved it! Wish I knew someone to tour with!

Karen

That's so awesome. It's so hard for me to take time out of my schedule for long adventures like that.

I've been to Tombstone and Bisbee, but that was before I knew about the Shady Dell! :-(

Thanks for the virtual tour!

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose ...” -- Dr. Seuss

Life's an adventure! http://www.lovenewsjh.blogspot.com

2WT - You said you got "lost" in Tombstone?? My almost-in-laws live there, right at the foot of Boot Hill. I have stayed at the Bordello and highly recommend it next time - had no trouble with hot water when I was there; the breakfast is wonderful (Linda and Dusty are great cooks) and the accommodations were great. I have been down there many times but never with my bike. I also have a BIL in Huachuca City - near Sierra Vista.

You have inspired me to take the bike next time and ride your route. The only difference will be that I will be on a road bike (the only bike I have) and will try to do it in 2 days. Now I will have to decide where the halfway point will be - if you had to choose only one spot to spend the night, where would it be?

Thanks for the virtual adventure!
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

I know where I want to retire
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Stuff like this is great. Sounds like a lot of fun. Glad you had a great experience and it was positive, and nice to have fun comrades. Love that sunset pix. Winter touring in shorts, what a concept.