So I was riding along yesterday and towards the end of the ride, something just did not feel right in the front end of my bike (it felt weird everytime I went over a little bump; almost loose). Now, I get a little paranoid about things. The other day, the lbs mechanic and I took apart a bike that had a poorly installed headset that literally ovalized the headtube, so now I'm a little paranoid about headsets.
Well, I get home and I tell bf what I felt and sho 'nuff yes the headset is a little loose. Upon further inspections, we discovered a CRACK in the headtube. I have never crashed or laid the bike down. Took it to the bike shop and they further reaffirmed our discoveries. I am now without. I only have one bike. I will get a new frame for free (through warranty of course). But Im now a little more paranoid. Do I have a good bike? Do I get a different bike? What do I do without my bike to keep up the work? I have been training to start racing this year and racing here has already started. Oh what to do what to do!
Sorry for the length, just venting the frustrations.