Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Scott Contessa CR1 Pro?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thoughts? Opinions? Any experience with this bike?

Here are the specs:

http://www.scottusa.com/us_en/category/72/contessa_road

I'm looking at a 2007, same geometry and very similar specs, on Ebay.

Would love to hear from anyone who has ridden this bike and can give feedback on how it handles, how the carbon feels, etc.

Also, I'm 5'6" and my current bike with 54cm tt is too big. This one has a 53 cm tt in size small, plus 2cm higher head tube, slightly slacker hta. Wondering how much difference this will make.

(I should probably stop looking at bikes on ebay and just bite the bullet and go down to LBS where I can actually test ride. The idea of getting a really good deal is just so tempting...).

Thanks!!!

I don't have the WSD, but I do have an '06 Scott CR1 Team Issue and I'm in love with! I bought it last summer when I was on my way to buying an '07 Specialized Ruby, but once test-riding the Scott, I couldn't pass it up. Sooo... of course - I would recommend the test ride in any case. Good luck and let us know what you get!!

My husband rides an '06 CR1-SL. He loves the feel... says it's much more responsive and quicker handling than his Specialized Roubaix was. He says it rides very smoothly, though the Specialized was more comfortable. He loves the racy feel of the Scott though. He tried one after having the Specialized for only 4 months and had to make the switch.

ETA: I'm 5'6" too. My bike has a 52.5 TT and 10.3 HT. Even with that, I had to get a stem with a 17 degree rise. If you are proportioned like me, the Scott looks good. Fit is always an individual thing, though...
    Last edited by rij73; 02-11-2008 at 05:56 PM.

Thank you, this is a very, very helpful comparison, since I have actually tested the Roubaix (when bf was looking for a bike and since we're the same size and he's terribly indecisive, I was recruited to help test. It wasn't such a bad job actually ). The build we tested (carbon, Sram) was very stable and comfortable, but perhaps lacking in the "makes your heart beat faster" department (Cervelo R3 made our hearts beat faster...).

Btw I visited your dog's blog and I think he's gorgeous .

Aww thanks! Hudson is a ham...

Yes, so DH bought the Roubaix last spring (2007 with Shimano 105), but after a few months was just feeling like he wanted a faster, racier bike. He got a good deal on the Scott online, but before going for it, he tried one out at the local shop and immediately had no doubt. His feeling was that although not as comfy as the Roubaix, it was a smooth ride (like you would expect form carbon), had a more agressive position, and just responded way quicker without being twitchy. Also, being lighter, it just generally goes faster. He just adores it.

Thumbs up I <3 mine...

The last of this series. Scott now only producing a steel frame and a pro contessa CR1 now. So snatch it up!

I had considered a CR1 Pro when I was in the market for a new bike at the start of this season. But during my research, I had noticed that the rear derailleur hanger appears to be "built into" the frame on this bike...which I thought was a bit odd, since I had not come across any other bike that had the hanger built into the frame. Now, whether or not this was a valid reason to cross the CR1 Pro off of my list, is a good question. But since I had a rear derailleur hanger crack on my Cervelo, causing my rear derailleur to get sucked into my rear wheel and bringing me to a grinding HALT (I'm lucky I didn't crash)...I'm happy with my decision to go with a bike that I can easily replace the RD hanger.

However, I do not know if the Contessa model is built the same way. And just to clarify...I don't actually know for sure, that the RD hanger is a part of the actual frame and not replaceable (it may very well be replaceable)...it just "looks" that way when I saw pics of the frame.
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?

Thumbs up Love mine....

I brought my CR1 Contessa after having a Specialized Ruby which was too small. I really like my bike

Only thing Im not so keen on is the light weight of this bike in the Trade winds here in Hawaii........I can't recall feeling so wobbly in New Zealand but I'm sure it was just as windy, I'm just out of practice
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary