Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

breakouts and hand pains

To disable ads, please log-in.

no matter what i do i can't seem to get my back to clear up..right in the middle under my neck. i scrub daily!! i ride 5x a week so i'm thinking its just from sweating so much?? anyone else have this problem??

also...nerves in the right hand are being shot. could this be from riding on my drops so much???

anything u have helps =)
    "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

strength to beat those neverending flats!

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    For your back under neck middle: Don't know the type of soap that you use in that area now.

Have you tried a more neutral soap with least amount of fragrance and least amount of cream inside soap? ie. By Neutrogena or Allenbury.

Don't scrub too hard that you might create open sores and hence, cause more infection. Everything you wear before, during and after cycling must be clean in your tops for next few weeks.

Is your hair long at the back ie. below the nape of your neck? I used to have this problem as a teenager when my oil glands would more active plus I had long hair past my shoulders. Another reason why I had to have a haircut that lifted all of my hair away from my back/neck area, to control/reduce breakouts.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 08-16-2009 at 07:27 PM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

hey thanks for the info girl! i just bought some neutragina sp? so i am going to see how that works out.

As for scrubing too hard...i think you just guessed it. I may have gotten carried away and i am pretty sure they are open sores now. i need to lay off that a few days

thank you so much!!!
    "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

strength to beat those neverending flats!