Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I thought POP3 only worked if there is a client program on my computer, such as Outlook Express which I don't use.

From att/yahoo:
    POP Access and Forwarding
    Use AT&T Yahoo! as your permanent email address. Forward to another mail account, or download your AT&T Yahoo! messages to your POP3 mail client.

So, if I set up another email address (for instance, me@gmail.com), I can load the whole kit and kaboodle in one fell swoop to gmail WITHOUT Outlook Express in the middle?

I'm feeling so ancient . . .
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    I thought POP3 only worked if there is a client program on my computer, such as Outlook Express which I don't use.
    POP3 is a protocol to retrieve e-mail. Its not dependent on what kind of software you use.

So, if I set up another email address (for instance, me@gmail.com), I can load the whole kit and kaboodle in one fell swoop to gmail WITHOUT Outlook Express in the middle?
    Thats correct.

SK, POP3 is a protocol that you can use with clients such as Outlook Express or as Parity pointed out, gmail.

In a word, yes!

You don't necessarily need to have a new gmail address -- I think you can add the Yahoo emails to your gmail account.

Here's what you need to do:

1. In gmail, click the Settings link
    2. In Settings, click the Accounts link
    3. Click the Add another mail account link in the Get mail from other accounts section.
    4. Enter your yahoo/sbcglobal email address and click the Next Step button.
    5A. Enter the username, password for your Yahoo mail account.
    5B. If you want to access the email messages on the Yahoo mail account thru a client besides your gmail account, check the box to leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server. If I were you, I'd probably check this box.
    5C. I haven't tried the Labels or Archiving options. I think if you want the Yahoo emails to go to a special folder, you can check the box to Label incoming messages and specify a new label called Yahoo Mail or something like that.
    Click the Add Account button.
    6. If you want to send email thru the gmail account with your Yahoo email address, select Yes. Otherwise, select No. Press the Finish button.

I haven't tested this much, so I'm not sure how well it works in obtaining mail from your Yahoo folders.

I'll be interested to see how it goes...

-- Melissa

Thanks, you two. Do I need a beta test agreement before I proceed?
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Thanks, you two. Do I need a beta test agreement before I proceed?
    Nope, no NDA required.

I often forget that I've got to look in the little text stuff in gmail for stuff like 'BCC." When I do my emails to the club I do 'email the group," then
    click in the addresses and hit "control A" to select all, then "control x" to cut it, then click on the "BCC" to open that window and paste it in there... then put my address in the to: section.

It is totally non-intuitive. I still have to re-figure out the group stuff and I"m pretty savvy.