Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Chris Carmichael eating plans

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried Chris Carmichael's nutrition plan. BF and I are trying to get healthier and are considering using the eating plans along with some more regular training. In addition to improving my riding, I would also like to lose about five pounds and tone up a little. Any opinions on the plans?

www.trainright.com

I have been using the plan since last fall and I love it. I take my breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks to work every day, so it is a little more work to get everything ready the night before, but it is worth it. It is all simple stuff, no fancy recipes. There are things I never would have thought of on my own, but are really good, like veggie soup for an afternoon snack.
    I definitely recommend it.

Thanks! We went ahead and started it. So far, so good. We do spend a chunk of time making dinner/ preparing for the next day, but we've been happy so far. I've liked almost everything and have been surprised how easy it has been. I'm a total sugar junkie, but it hasn't been too bad. We just started week two. I didn't follow well yesterday since I went to a baby shower, but I've forgiven myself. I'm excited to see how I feel a couple weeks in.

Another really good resource about nutrition for active people is Nancy Clark's website and books...

http://www.nancyclarkrd.com/

I have her book, The Cyclist's Food Guide, and consult it often.
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster." -- Greg LeMond