Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Warm, healing thoughts are on their way, including strong lions and optimistic butterflies. Keep us posted. If it helps, we can be your back-up google team.
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

I'll send something asap. I'm relieved they found that the lumps aren't cancerous. Hopefully they'll figure it all out soon. {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}.

Thank you again. I feel calm when I read everyones warm wishes.
    I edited the info for the address. I forgot the name of the hospital. She loves animals,power puff girls and puzzles. As well as Curious George. I sent her the softest monkey today. I walked around the gift store with it hugging it and giving it a ton of love before I sent it off to her today. My friend added a warm soft blanket and a couple story books. We also added a few chocolates to my sister and her husband. I hope it helps some.
    They still know nothing. Another Dr who deals with inflamation is going to look at her now. (sigh)
    This people need to go home soon. But a good note is they have a great paly room there. They can paint, play,watch video's,read books run around. So that is good.
    My sister had her husband bring their little dvd player so she could watch her favorite movies and stuff. I am so tired mentally. I feel like no matter how much I sleep I don't feel rested. I have been bike riding and that has really helped me a lot. Thank god for samll things!
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

Dear Brandi,

CHOC is one of the best children's hospital around. Your niece is in very good hand and sourrounded by her lion and softest plush monkey. I wish her speedy recovery.

lots of good suggestions: note books, Mr. Silver's comment (I like that), taking it with grain of salt on wiki. Yes, we need to keep our imagination from going wild.

You and your family are doing the best you possibly can. And I can only offer my emotional support.

Sincerely,
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
    And I can only offer my emotional support.

Sincerely,
    Shawn
    Which I am VERY grateful for!

No news today. Except my sister says she is getting spoiled in the hospital. Cause she gets everything she wants. She has been throwing little mini fits when she doesn't get her juice right away!

So sorry to read this. But my thoughts are with you and your family. And tantrums are a good sign

It is really good to know she is acting normal in that way!
    I sent her a powerpuff girl dvd today. She likes Bubbles. she always says"Bubbles funny". I hope it keeps her busy and not thinking about all that they are doing to her!

Today they are doing a biopsy on some lumps that are on her forhead. My sister is freaking out over how they are doing it. I won't get into details. But she won't ever need a brow lift. A plastic surgeon is doing the operation so you can imagine. They are grasping at straws right now. I will update when I find out how it went.

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Little ones are so resilient and they heal so well. I think sometimes it's harder on big people than the little ones. I will continue to keep your family in my prayers.

Hey Brandi, Just got my computer back up today, so didn't see your post earlier. Sending prayers your way and for your family.

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    Little ones are so resilient and they heal so well. I think sometimes it's harder on big people than the little ones. I will continue to keep your family in my prayers.
    I think it is cause we know to much!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninabike View Post
    Hey Brandi, Just got my computer back up today, so didn't see your post earlier. Sending prayers your way and for your family.
    Thank you Nina! Nice to see you back! Happy New year!

Brandi, I'm so sorry that I hadn't seen this. Warm wishes and prayers from me as well. Thanks so much for posting the updates. My thoughts are with you and your family. And there's nothing a squishy stuffed animal can't help make feel better. deb

Lorelie is in surgery right now. It will be about 2 hours my sister said. Remember this is exploratory not a cure but hopefully an answer.....