Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No riding Here!

Hybrid View

Re: OK... who didn't chant

Originally posted by spazzdog
    So, who didn't chant?
    Hey -
    I haven't stopped chanting... hate these snowy commutes with the crazy drivers, but I did make it to the office this morning (in my car that is, my bikes are still clean and shiny and safe at home).
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

That's it I'm doing the NO Snow Dance. Four to eight more today. You have to chant and do the dance, think Native American.

come on you left coasters! help out here...CHANT!

NO MORE SNOW... NO MORE SNOW!
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

I am! I am!

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hey! It's working!!

No precip expected until Monday! Keep it up...
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

and its Still beautiful and sunny out here in Albuquerque. But ya'll jinxed me - the high today is only gonna be 51 and tomorrow its only gonna be 48!
    Spazz - I don't have any pixs of myself (read "getting to know you") I hate having my pix taken. But I am gonna bow down and let me dad take a pix of me bike so I can post it here - someday!
    Also, I lived in Indiana for over 20 yrs.....I KNOW what its like to have snow and cold like that. Why do you think I DON"T live there anymore?!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Unhappy

"and its Still beautiful and sunny out here in Albuquerque. But ya'll jinxed me - the high today is only gonna be 51 and tomorrow its only gonna be 48!"

Oh that is so sad Corsairmac. You're breaking my heart. We haven't been above freezing for the last 12 days. It was 3 degrees this morning when I took my kids to school and that's without wind chill, not to mention the snow up to my bum. I need spring bad.

Yeah, When I was out for some flying lessons yesterday morning it was 2 deg! Then today it was 40. Of course that meant I had to go riding today
    Ride it, break it, fixit, ride it...

Chanting and dancing here on rainy Left Coast.

Ok, I 'fess up. A co-worker in Newton has been pressuring me into a meeting for today that I don't have time for and I know won't be productive. I caved in to his request (and title) and 2 secs later received notice that the Newton office is closing due to the snow. Meeting cancelled!

So I'm at the confessional. I'm so sorry, my subconscious must have caused it. 10 strikes with a flat tube! Must do penance.

Angry Noooooooo

okay ladies snow again. Do we have a bull's eye on Mass this year or what?
    I can't take another foot of snow, especially when I'm reading about all the rides the California crowd is doing. Start chanting.

I'm chanting, I'm chanting - but I don't think it's working. Maybe I need a new chant...

Let's see, this predicted storm will be our introduction to the month of March in the Northeast. Can we at least send our wishes up to the weather wizards that we can have warmer and drier weather by the end of the month?
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

Oh, so sorry! I got distracted by all the spring flowers this weekend.

Ooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

sadiekate

Oh a wise guy from Cal eee For Knee Aye. I saw spring flowers this weekend too, okay it was at the flower show but spring is nowhere in sight for us. Arg.

Helmet flowers

It has reached the time of the winter when I am well and truly sick of it. I've only averaged 3 days a week commuting this winter, with a stretch of 2 weeks with no riding at all. This is the time to put the fake pansies in the vent holes of my helmet. After all, it can't look any more silly than the truck brake light and amber marker lights all over my winter bike! Spring is coming though, the buckets are hanging in the sugar bush.