Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 255 of 495 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sounds like good news, as that kind of news goes. When is his surgery?

Keeping you both in my thoughts.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Sending you and Don good vibes, Mimi.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

More healing juju to RD, and big hugs to both Mimi and RD!
    Beth

Don't understand the stage 4 diagnosis, but I am wishing you and Raleigh Don the very best outcome, Mimi. I know this must be scary. Positive thoughts!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Good thoughts to both of you! ((Mimi and RD))
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I THINK it is better news than if they had said, no surgery. And then it presents yet another scary treatment. But I am still thrilled to hear ths.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Cheers to you and RD.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    I THINK it is better news than if they had said, no surgery. And then it presents yet another scary treatment. But I am still thrilled to hear ths.
    exactly. they're saying he has bad $hit but that they believe he can beat it. If they didn't believe he could beat it, they wouldn't do the surgery. Meeting with another of the doctors today so we ought to get the full results then.

Poor RD had a stiff neck from the 1 hour procedure what's he going to be like after an 8 hour procedure??? UGH

We have nothing to compare it to, we don't know anyone who had an 8 hour surgery to ask!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    I will try this, and for now the pain is gone. We do know that I have arthritis in my palms, it has been there for years and is part of the reason why I've such a poor hand grip. All of the mechanical tests for carpal tunnel I seem to pass with flying colors, which is amazing considering how much time I spend at a keyboard...I do strive for good ergonomics though which has to help.

Thankfully it doesn't flare too often, once a year or so as far as pain is concerned. Thankfully it had decreased enough by the weekend that I could ride, and I think I will be able to do my normal workout with my trainer this evening. I am thankful and it makes my heart go out to those who deal with something like this 24/7. Typically I don't have more than twinges...
    Catrin - do you have CMC joint issues? That pain is at the base of your thumb joint as it enters your wrist. Have they only checked you for carpal tunnel? They just need to take an xray to see if it is CMC. The things that will cause you pain the most when you have this is any kind of pinching action.

I've read that it's common for pain originating in the CMC joints to be referred to the MCP joints, and vice versa, too. It's most common in the thumb joint, but I don't see why any of the CMC joints couldn't be arthritic.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Mimi: Always thinking of you and your hubby! Hang in there.

Mimi- more hugs from me and Chuck. I hope the surgery goes well. RD is one tough guy and you two are staying focused where you need to be.
    Sharon
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Quote Originally Posted by spokewench View Post
    Catrin - do you have CMC joint issues? That pain is at the base of your thumb joint as it enters your wrist. Have they only checked you for carpal tunnel? They just need to take an xray to see if it is CMC. The things that will cause you pain the most when you have this is any kind of pinching action.
    Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    I've read that it's common for pain originating in the CMC joints to be referred to the MCP joints, and vice versa, too. It's most common in the thumb joint, but I don't see why any of the CMC joints couldn't be arthritic.
    CMC joints? Will look that up and see where those are

Spokewrench, while sometimes I do have pain there, a pinching action doesn't bother me. Really, 99% of it is right in the middle of my palms, just last week it was really bad...but THIS week there isn't a bit of pain at all, for which I am thankful. My fingers are always a bit cranky, but am so used to that I am hardly aware of it... Of course it doesn't mean the pain isn't referred to my palms from elsewhere.

I am considering asking my doctor about it the next time, I need to see him about my dog bite anyway which still isn't quite healed... I just hate to say something and get a bunch of co-pays for tests to only find out that I need to take ibuprofen for it...

Mimi, well wishes for you and Don. May he recover quickly after his surgery and beat the cancer.

Catrin, well wishes to you, too. Hopefully, your doctor can get some answers for you and a treatment that works.

Dear Time Keepers,

Would it be possible for me to have an hour a day to myself that is outside of normal time?

Thanks,

Not enough hours in a day
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

Dear Saddle,

Thank you for hurting right then, because that's why I decided to pull over and adjust your tension. Had I been on the road, rather than on the side, I suspect that SUV with the idiot, driving so erratically, probably going 80 in a 25 mph zone, driving so stupidly fast he almost lost complete control as he passed me, well, you know where I'm going with this. Thanks.

Thanks also for feeling better after I made the adjustment.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.