Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 451 of 495 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sometimes I wish there was a "like" button here! Ditto to what Veronica said.
    katluvr

(((Pax)))

Some of us are carrying heavy stuff, some of us have lighter loads at the moment, but only a few have nothing weighing on them, I bet. So here's a virtual hug to all my TE friends. You're a consistent inspiration and solace to me.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    Some of us are carrying heavy stuff, some of us have lighter loads at the moment, but only a few have nothing weighing on them, I bet. So here's a virtual hug to all my TE friends. You're a consistent inspiration and solace to me.
    Like!

Pax and Sky King, thinking of you both during these challenging times.

Wow, Now I know how special each and everyone who reads and posts to TE really is. Your kinds words really hit home for me today. Thank you. While I am excited to have ALL of my family gathering this weekend I know all of you understand the wee bit of stress that comes with that! Virtual hugs to everyone!
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Dear G-d,
    I am in Vermont on a bike tour. I do feel a little guilty for scheduling this on Yom Kippur, but instead of being at home and pretending to fast, going to services, and taking a bike ride, hoping that no one I know sees me, I will repent for my sins while riding in gorgeous scenery. Since it's all "already written and decreed," can you please inscribe me in the Book of Life for one more year?
    Shana Tova,
    Crankin
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Dear G-d,
    I am in Vermont on a bike tour. I do feel a little guilty for scheduling this on Yom Kippur, but instead of being at home and pretending to fast, going to services, and taking a bike ride, hoping that no one I know sees me, I will repent for my sins while riding in gorgeous scenery. Since it's all "already written and decreed," can you please inscribe me in the Book of Life for one more year?
    Shana Tova,
    Crankin
    Crankin,
    I would have done the same thing. Hope you Had A Happy New Year.
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD
    2012 Specialized Ruby WSD
    2004 Schwinn (I think that is the year)

Dear Signification Other

VENT VENT VENT VENT.

Well, I feel a little better.

Your other half
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD
    2012 Specialized Ruby WSD
    2004 Schwinn (I think that is the year)

Sky King, that was beautiful. I hope your family has a wonderful visit with your father and he is soon at peace.

Re: Dear So and So

MOVING DAY TODAY yippeeeeeeeeee

The actual move is complete now I just have to unpack, wait for ATT tech to show, head to old apartment to grab food from freezer and fridge. My shoulder hirts and am tired but I can see the end of the tunnel...as long as that isn't the headlights of a freight train!

Oy, unpacking. (Reminds me, there are still two boxes in my living room that I need to deal with, and about 4 small ones in my bedroom. Not counting the winter clothes that I'm not unpacking for a while...)

Look after that shoulder!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Phew.

(... and watch out for that emotional crash ... if it were me I would be having a big one in three ... two ... one ... )
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Good luck in your new place, Catrin.
    Moving does take a lot out of you.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    Oy, unpacking. (Reminds me, there are still two boxes in my living room that I need to deal with, and about 4 small ones in my bedroom. Not counting the winter clothes that I'm not unpacking for a while...)

Look after that shoulder!
    Yeah, both shoulders are complaining, throbbing a bit. Tomorrow is a REST day, and perhaps the next day - we shall see. I really would like to ride my bike Monday, and I am off work until Wednesday but we will see. I need to be well rested for my training group Tuesday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Phew.

(... and watch out for that emotional crash ... if it were me I would be having a big one in three ... two ... one ... )
    I am a bit concerned about this... I've not been able to slow down since returning to town from my mom's funeral so we will see how the next week goes. I've only had two huge stressors at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Good luck in your new place, Catrin.
    Moving does take a lot out of you.
    I LOVE the new apartment! I hadn't realized how SMALL the last place was until now. No wonder it felt so confining! All of the boxes are unpacked outside of 3 and most of the empty boxes have been disposed of. All books are in their places (sort of) and all electronics up and running I just finished a beer and hope to get a good night's sleep!

Congratulations on the new digs, Catrin. Hope you feel all settled in soon -- moving is always unsettling for awhile -- and enjoy your new space.

Get some rest!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Congrats Catrin!! We just moved as well, LOVE the new place, feels like a clean slate.