Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 266 of 495 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by channlluv View Post

I've heard more than once, when I was younger, "You'd be so pretty if you'd just lose some weight."

Roxy
    My Dad still says that to me all the time. Part of me wonders if I stay fat just to spite him. We don't exactly have a loving relationship.

Really doesn't do much for the self-confidence, especially when you think all the guys out there only want to date skinny girls.

BIG HUGS to you, Roxy. Your strength, determination, and compassion is unparalleled.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Dear TE ladies
    This is the first time I left DH (in the hospital) where I felt bad for me instead of for him. He's doing really well. He's got his sense of humor back (for what it's worth) and he's able to get up and do laps in the hospital hallways. The only bad part is that he has to ask the nurses to do it, because he still has a few lines that have to be messed with before he can leave his bed and the immediate vicinity of it.
    Why do i feel bad for me? oh, it's being alone. Funny, it didn't bother me so much when he was out of state on a bike ride!

owell progress. every day.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Happy to hear he is on his feet And you are not alone...you have all of us

aw, thanks! come for dinner tomorrow?
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

Would love to.. whatcha making?? How long do you think it would take to get there from CO?

it depends on how fast you can ride. it's all downhill from Colorado, isn't it?
    (maybe Chicken , brown rice, and stirfried veggies)
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    channlluv, if it's any consolation, the only way I see you is that big, victorious smile in your avatar, and it's gorgeous.
    ^ What lph said. And hugs. I'm sure you've developed ways to deal with the comments, but we all have days when things get to us.

Mimi: seriously, would you like company for dinner? DH is out of town this week so I can bring something over!
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet
    1998? GT Rebound / Serfas Gel

Quote Originally Posted by NbyNW View Post
    ^ What lph said. And hugs. I'm sure you've developed ways to deal with the comments, but we all have days when things get to us.

Mimi: seriously, would you like company for dinner? DH is out of town this week so I can bring something over!
    TE dinner party to cheer Mimi up? Or to drive her crazy and wish for quiet!
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by NbyNW View Post
    I would love that. it's so quiet here without the Donald. It really doesn't normally bother me, but it is bothering me with him in the hospital like this.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    it depends on how fast you can ride. it's all downhill from Colorado, isn't it?
    (maybe Chicken , brown rice, and stirfried veggies)
    LOL...that is what I was planning too!! I will be there in spirit!! I am kind of shy just to warn you. If I was out there I would gladly join you for dinner.

Mimi, I'm so glad to hear that Don is doing well, but I'm sorry you feel lonely. I sure hope your fellow NW TEers can join you for dinner. What a nice diversion that would be.

Roxy, you're beautiful!!! It makes me sad that you've had to endure such insensitivity. You deserve better.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    ((Roxy))

Dear self:
    Harden the **** up. While I can understand not wanting to ride with back cramps, given that the last time we did so, we nearly crashed, if you're going to ride for the remainder of the year, you're going to need to learn to do so in the cold.
    two words- wool underlayers

marni
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Dear Owlie
    you don't have to spend a lot of $$$ for those wool underlayers. You'd be surprised what you can find in a thrift store..
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    Dear Owlie
    you don't have to spend a lot of $$$ for those wool underlayers. You'd be surprised what you can find in a thrift store..
    That is so true. I just got out my winter clothes and, looking at the giant pile of wool, said to myself "What was I thinking?" But I know the answer -- I was thinking "$4.99 for a merino layer is too good to pass up."

Oh, and I was also thinking maybe the wool weenies can tell me where to put all this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    ((Roxy))

I'm a firm believer in karma -- of the 'what goes around comes around' variety. I truly believe people who deliberately say or do unkind things will eventually get theirs.

It may not be immediate (oh, wouldn't it be great if such people could be vaporized on the spot?!?) but perhaps someday the petite skinny mom may wake up to find herself old and flabby and have someone remark on her less-than-perfect appearance, or, owing to her marvelous 'parenting' her son will grow up to be a callous self-centered jerk who does not give her the time of day.

I suppose it's a negative thought process to take; I don't really dwell on this kind of thing but it does help me get past injustices like that.
    I agree 100% with Jo.

It's hard not to respond to an ugly, ignorant, mean, unsolicited comment, but keeping your dignity and ignoring it is always best.

When you roll in the dirt with pigs, you get dirty.

Weirdly enough, I've been a target of some heavy females. There's an extremely immature/loud/overweight woman at work who has: 1) made fun of my "chicken" neck (I'm almost 49); 2) accused me of having an eating disorder; and 3) called me "butter face." This is not said directly to me, but in loud conversations in the office that everyone overhears. Remarks like that don't impress anyone. I feel embarrassed for her, and just ignore her and her remarks.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly