Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 62 of 175 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Welcome to the board Smiley - LOVE the new bike (but then I always love new bikes!) I think your user ID is just too cute btw, and I like smileys too, I use them all the time! and a directory assistance operator?? so can I get a number to....................... (yeah I know, like you've Never heard That one before!)

Welcome to the board fish! MS Delta=best blues in the world!! Especially some of the older blues from around 1920-1940s. and I LOVE your avatar, did not know there was a ribbon to represent the New Orleans rebuild. As for winning the sprint - you Won it darn it! The fact that he was towing the kids is trivial and doesn't count!

Hope to see more of both of you and again: welcome!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

I've been told by my aunt (Trek420) to introduce myself, so here goes:

Where do you live? currently in Essex, UK

Explanation of your handle: that would be my mom's fault. She gave me the nickname of Eliphant back when I was born and it kind of stuck.
    As it happens, my mom is Bikeless in WI.

Explanation of your avatar: what is an avatar? (I'm a newbie)

Age (general or specific) 30

Occupation: would like to be an ecologist if I could only finish my PhD

Favorite bike: the one I just bought a few weeks ago (see next question)

What's in your stable? Specialized Tricross

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I managed to find a hill big enough just south of here where I got up to 30mph. Essex is a very flat place.

Another picture of yourself or your ride?

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm terrible at lying. Tried it once when I was 7, but confessed a few hours later because I felt too guilty. (I'm sure Bikeless in WI can tell you more about that story)

Most memorable moment on my bike: The lie I told at age 7 involved a bike accident in a place I wasn't supposed to be riding at the time. Must have been memorable as I still remember it.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I've had lots of nice bike rides.....through the snow in the Norwegian mountains bonding with my dad....cycling to Hell with my dad....

Welcome to the board Eli! It's so cool that the whole fam damily is here! Both your aunt and your mom are hilarious - I'm guessing you're the same way! Looking forward to hearing more from you!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Getting to Know You

Where do you live? Fairfield, CA

Explanation of your handle: Always looking for sag support, especially from my awesome husband!

Explanation of your avatar: Don’t have one yet!

Age (general or specific) 50 and getting better every day!

Favorite bike: Cannondale (Road) Specialized (MTB)

What's in your stable? Motobecane Le Champ, Specialized M4 MTB, Giant MTB, Cannondale

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 38 MPH downhill in Napa heading towards Yountville, CA in 2005

Another picture of yourself or your ride? N/A

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Said I won first place in the 2002 Fat Tire Classic in West Covina. I actually did win, however, I did not say that I was the only one in my class!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding the Lake Berryessa Loop on a 99 degree Sunday summer afternoon. Had one small water bottle, no money, no cell phone and was half way there when we ran out of water. Too far to turn back, too far to keep going. Couldn’t call my husband because he was with me. Finally made it to our destination, a store, and sat at the bar drinking gobs of water.

Most fun ever had on a bike? At the 2004 Sea Otter, Monterey, CA. Four days of riding the trails, getting lost and checking out the downhill. Placed fairly well in the MTB race.

Quote Originally Posted by uk elephant

Occupation: would like to be an ecologist if I could only finish my PhD
    Just think - once you get the Ph.D. --- no more school and more time to ride! It felt like it took me forever, but at 32 I finally finished. How close are you? Good luck!

Where do you live? Mountain Home, Idaho (for now)

Explanation of your handle: Just Idaho's famous veggie.

Explanation of your avatar: Don't have one yet

Age (general or specific): 35 for a couple more months

Favorite bike: The one I am riding

What's in your stable? '05 Specialized Dulce Elite and a Raleigh M40dx hardtail mtn bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 32.1 mph on yesterday's ride coming out of the foothills

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Couldn't find a picture of myself

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't lie to save myself, so I don't do it.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Either the day my dad took off the training wheels and I discovered two wheeled freedom or last fall's Yellowstone 60 mile tour.

Most fun ever had on a bike? The aforementioned Yellowstone bike tour.

Quote Originally Posted by fishdr
    Just think - once you get the Ph.D. --- no more school and more time to ride! It felt like it took me forever, but at 32 I finally finished. How close are you? Good luck!
    I could be very close..."just" need to write up the actual thesis. Could take me a couple of months, could take me a couple of years....who know...I certainly don't intend to wait until I finish before I start riding!

Welcome to the board Sandie! I'm not sure your "lie" counts as a lie! No one needs to know you were the ONLY one in your class right? LOL

Welcome to the board Tater! My brother spent a summer out in your neck of the woods on a potato farm - he wasn't the same "little boy" when he got home! And I fell in Love with Idaho when I went to visit him - just not the cold and snow!

Good to "meet" both of you and hope to see more of ya'll!

Where do you live? Deep South Texas

Explanation of your handle: Um....my name is Kate, and I'm from Texas. Real original, I know.

Explanation of your avatar: I don't think I have one....

Age (general or specific) 38-ish. Okay, I'm 38. Really.

Favorite bike: I've only ever had one (see next question)

What's in your stable? Trek Antelope 800

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 20.6 riding home with the wind just today

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll hopefully have one soon, from the ride I just did.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Hmmmm....that's a loaded question!

Most memorable moment on my bike: I was riding on a bike trail that goes through town...had to stop at an intersection, I VERY CAREFULLY looked both ways, started to go...and lo and behold, a car appeared. I wasn't moving very fast, but it scared me, so I bailed and my bike and the bottom half of me ended up under the car between the front and back wheels. I remember looking up at the driver, and him looking down at me like I was from another planet. I dragged myself out from under the car, leaving several large patches of skin, and as soon as I stood up, the guy took off. There was an older couple walking along the trail, and they were enraged on my behalf (although I was plenty mad). They asked me if I was ok, and when I said I was fine, they both pointed very solemnly at my left leg and said "I don't think so" at the same time. I looked down, and sho 'nuff - BLOOD EVERYWHERE...and I still had 3 miles to go to get back to where my car was!

Most fun ever had on a bike? See above (heh heh)

Quote Originally Posted by TexasKate
    Hi Kate! Glad to see ya made it here.

Oh cool! What instrument or vocal? My husband was a music major and I came >< close to becoming a music major. I had a scholarship to Baylor to enter into their vocal program.

...I wasn't moving very fast, but it scared me, so I bailed and my bike and the bottom half of me ended up under the car between the front and back wheels. I remember looking up at the driver, and him looking down at me like I was from another planet. I dragged myself out from under the car, leaving several large patches of skin, and as soon as I stood up, the guy took off.
    Ack! I'm glad you're still here. I know this is one of my worries (I bicycle commute typically). Luckily I'm in California these days (grew up in Dallas) where most people I've seen so far are fairly kind to cyclists though there have been a few people I wouldn't have minded hitting with a clue-by-four.

Did you get the guy's license plate number and report him?

Mel

Where do you live? Land of Kong

Explanation of your handle: three girls....need I say more

Explanation of your avatar: painting by my BH

Age (general or specific) 32 till Sept

Favorite bike: whichever one im riding

What's in your stable? Kona Deluxe 2004...due for an upgrade...yipppeeee

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 45.... kms that is....in a bunch on a slight downhill over about 15k of 100k ride

Another picture of yourself or your ride?

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: ummmm....i plead the 5th ????

Most memorable moment on my bike: probably doing my first race 100k ride Rotorua to Taupo it was awesome

Most fun ever had on a bike? Cruising round Port Douglas looking for crocs lol

Hi Deb Welcome to the forums!

Mel

Welcome!!

hey there

Hey deb,

NIce to see another chickie from our part of the planet. Are you in the BOP, or the waikato???

Did you hear about the havoc the weather caused on the NZ ironman the other day?

So many questions...sorry... Did you do the round taupo last year???? Awesome hills, even for a mtb chick.

cheryl

Hi

Where do you live? Belle, Mo.

Explanation of your handle: My kids made it up when email first became popular. I use it everywhere so no matter where I am on the net, I remember my user name. Sometimes when someone asks me my email addy, I say "uforgot" and they go "No I didn't, you didn't give it to me", so the laughs are worth it.

Explanation of your avatar: Gee, i'll have to get one.

Age (general or specific) 51, but fighting it all the way!

Favorite bike: Would love to have a Bianchi Eros Donna

What's in your stable? Trek 7.2fx wsd, Gary Fisher Advance

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 26.4, don't know where or when, that's just what the computer says...

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Okay, when I get some

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't think of any.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Probably the first time I took my camera with me and I realized..."Hey, the kids are grown, and this is the LIFE!"

Most fun ever had on a bike? See above...lol.

Gee, I'm looking forward to being a member of this board. I have lurked for awhile, and am actually a member of a few other cycling boards, but this one seems so friendly! I love how encouraging everyone is, and I believe I wouldn't have any problem posting newbie questions here, as you all seem very kind with your responses! Thanks.