Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 65 of 175 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

do we say "on your left" or "ahoy there! on your port stern"?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Melody

heh. well, so now we know an easy way to remember your birthday
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420
    Melody

heh. well, so now we know an easy way to remember your birthday
    Uhoh! I probably should have kept my mouth shut. *write in calendar (hide from people on TE on birthday)*

Mel

too late, arh har.

hmmm, September. Lots of nice rides and weather 'round then.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Welcome to that board popoki! So, how did you get your cats to even Look at you let alone recognize you as the Big Cat? LOL I also have 4 rescue cats and they truly couldn't care less if I was there or not unless it's dinner time OR raining outside and they don't wanna use the dog door - they might get wet! LOL

and vintage bikes!!!......wooohooo we got us another vintage bike rider!!! Vintage RULES!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    Welcome to that board popoki! So, how did you get your cats to even Look at you let alone recognize you as the Big Cat? LOL I also have 4 rescue cats and they truly couldn't care less if I was there or not unless it's dinner time OR raining outside and they don't wanna use the dog door - they might get wet! LOL

and vintage bikes!!!......wooohooo we got us another vintage bike rider!!! Vintage RULES!!!!
    Thanx for the welcome! I'm glad there are other vintage bike fans here!
    Steel is real for me...aluminum is for beverage containers...preferrably for beverages of 5% or stronger
    My cats follow me around LIKE dogs! Especially if there's the slightest chance I might be going in the direction of the kitchen. Kinda like my ex-husband LOL!
    Ciao,
    Sherry.

Quote Originally Posted by Popoki_Nui
    Thanx for the welcome! I'm glad there are other vintage bike fans here!
    Steel is real for me...aluminum is for beverage containers...preferrably for beverages of 5% or stronger
    My cats follow me around LIKE dogs! Especially if there's the slightest chance I might be going in the direction of the kitchen. Kinda like my ex-husband LOL!
    Ciao,
    Sherry.
    *bows head and mumbles*........ok...one of my vintage bikes is alum but the other one is steel. The steel one has the bigger tires so I use that one for winter commutes but I do agree - I Love steel frames better. Loved the line about the ex btw - although that boy never followed me Anywhere - could be yet another reason he's an ex!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Where do you live? San Jose, California

Explanation of your handle: Do you really need one?

Explanation of your avator: My new road bike

Age (general or specific): 28

Favorite bike: '05 Specialized Roubaix Elite

What's in your stable? 05 Specialized Roubaix Elite road bike, Trek 6000(?) MTB

Fastest speed on a road bike? 26mi/hr this weekend. Don't remember where. I think somewhere around Sand hill road or Canada road.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Don't have one

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: not sure

Most memorable moment on my bike: I'm new at this sport so I don't have many memorable moments yet. Finishing my 37 mile bike ride would have to be the best. Before this I had only riden 8 miles with very little climbing. Finishing this was a great accomplishment for me.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Everytime I go down hill! I'm still a little cautious on the hills but I see myself really flying down them soon.

New Girl

Where do you live? Christchurch, New Zealand

Explanation of your handle: It is the same as the one I use on the mtb website I am on in NZ (www.vorb.org.nz). Rubbish handle really, but I couldn't think of anything witty at the time and my partner was busy registering me saying "hurry up, think of a handle"

Explanation of your avator: Oops, haven't got one yet. Might use the latest one of my cat sniffing my camera.

Age (general or specific): 36

Occupation: Technical Officer (Quality Assurance at a large food manufacturer)

Favorite bike: Don't really have one

What's in your stable? An extremely crappy GT Aggressor (which is in bits) and a borrowed 1997 canondale F2000 (affectionately called Red) from my partner.

Fastest speed on a road bike? I'm a mountain biking girl! I have only gone about 54km/hr downhill on a mountain bike. I don't have very good glasses so my eyes water too much. For some reason, I want to see what I am about to hit when going top speed downhill....

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Will look for one shortly

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "honestly sweetie, I don't really mind when you leave the toilet seat up"

Most memorable moment on my bike: Biking the last beautiful 11km stretch of the Queen Charlotte Track in New Zealand with 40 other mountain bikers late last year.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Everytime I go out with my beloved (although I'm still not too keen on biking up hills).

hello !

Hi there Lisa,

So nice to see another kiwi chickie around. Oh how i miss the NZ HILLS but not Auckland's weather.

Over here in Perth sweating and sharing the off road paths with the kangaroos (we had one jump accross the path last night...)

What do you mean you don't like hills?? You;re in NZ...make hills your friends...

How was the queen charlotte track? I know it's in the kennett bros book of top nz rides & would love to do it one day.

See ya

Cheryl

Where do you live? northcentral Wisconsin (Taylor Co.)

Explanation of your handle: Just like it.

Explanation of your avatar: avatar?? haven't found one I like yet.

Age (general or specific) 44

Favorite bike: My old Schwinn as it is all I have.

What's in your stable? 1979 Schwinn Continental

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Oh Lordy, who knows.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Another? Where is the first?

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't do ______. I lie to myself the most.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Pretending it was my horse and bumps in the road were jumps and the such. Been many years since I've ridden. I want to create more memories.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Just riding. As a kid I needed my bike to keep my sanity. It was my freedom.

Welcome to the Board all!!

Shelly: welcome to the wonderful world of biking, isn't there something so awesome about getting on a bike and just riding?? Hope to hear more about your adventures!!

Mtb-Babe: wow.....Another Kiwi! They're taking over the world! Gorgeous picture ma'am - which part of Middle Earth is Christchurch in?

Shasta: yipppeee skipppeee!!! another vintage bike rider! We're soon going to take over the world - or take it away from the Kiwis! Welcome and hope to hear more from you!

Thanks. Here I was thinking I need a new bike but then though what the heck, there is nothing wrong with this one and so Benjamin and I are back together again.

My winter commuter is a 1987 Peugeot Avoraiz that I Love. I rode all of my "firsts" on that awesome bike and wouldn't ever give it up. I have since been lucky enough to get a 1989 Trek 1100 which is faster and smaller (better for me) and I've done most of my 2005 miles on that one. One of these days I "might" look into actually getting a new bike, but it won't be any time soon!

Hello everyone

I've been lurking on the boards for a couple of weeks and finally registered today.

Where do you live? SF BAy Area

Explanation of your handle: I like that cartoon character, Miffy the bunny, and I have a Fuji.

Age (general or specific) 29

What's in your stable? A Giant Yukon MTB and a Fuji Cross Comp. The Giant I got last Fall and now share with my mom. The Fuji is my new toy that I got about a month ago with my tax return. heh. I just started riding it to work.

Most memorable moment on my bike: So far? Trying out my clip in pedals for the first time. No falls for 29 miles..on the last mile, I turned to check on my friend and I went over flat sideways. ouch.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding with my pals in GGP and picnicking.
    Last edited by miffy'sFuji; 03-22-2006 at 10:55 AM.

Hi to everyone who's new! I haven't been posting much the past week due to changing jobs but I wanted to say to everyone who's come since I last said anything....

WELCOME TO TE!

Mel