Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 87 of 175 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

welcome all!

And Rai Sue if you'll be around this weekend c'mon out and meet the gang, we'll do a little ride together.

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=7801
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

New to the group

Where do you live? Wentzville, MO

Explanation of your handle: Cycling has become an obsession!

Explanation of your avatar: Hummmm...I'm going to have to work on getting one.

Age (general or specific) 47 years young

Favorite bike: Trek Hybrid 7100 - just got it in March

What's in your stable? my hybrid and hopefully a nice road bike soon!

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? I only ride on a trail near my house, probably 19 or 20 mph.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I need to have one taken

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I learned along time ago that when I lie, I get caught. I'm bad at it, so why bother?

Most memorable moment on my bike: I just started riding, so probably finding out that I could ride 20 miles and not die....

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding with my friend Sally and all of our kids!

We bought bikes for our family in March - started riding our beautiful Katy Trail State Park, and I've been riding between 20 and 40 miles a week on the trail ever since. I rode a personal best of 36 miles this past Monday. It's really addicting....I only ride the trail, riding roads scares me. Now, I've committed to ride our MS 150 in September. I have lots of questions, and I'm having a difficult time getting good advice from the the 18 year old boys that work in our local bike shop.

I'm 47, and have lost 25 pounds in the past 2 years, with another 15 to go...I have been weight training for over a year and I'm tired of pounding my knees on my treadmill, and want to do more cardio training on my bike. I think I've come to the right place.

New to the board but not to the sport

Where do you live? Richmond, VA

Explanation of your handle: It's my first and middle initials plus an extra "p" and my last name. aplegum looks a little odd, so I rounded it out to an actual(ish) word.

Explanation of your avatar: Back when I first made my little online journal thing I photoshopped this picture. I still can't think of anything interesting to use, so it'll do.

Age (general or specific) 16. Well, 17 in a couple weeks. I feel little .

Occupation: Student. But I have a new job doing research under the head of the psychiatry department at VCU that I'm ultra-excited about. That doesn't start for another week or so though.

Favorite bike: Anything light and fast.

What's in your stable? OCR 3. It's a mens or "unisex" bike since they came out with the women's version a year after I bought mine. Oh well though, I don't have any complaints about it.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 30 mph last August. I was going down Broad St. (one of the main roads in Richmond that goes pretty much everywhere) crossing from Goochland to my county and hit a huge hill.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? None. And I intend to keep it that way for a while.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: hmm...you'd think I could think of one at my age.

Most memorable moment on my bike: When I was just riding around a nearby street and two ducks were about to cross the street in front of me, but just before I could break or swerve out of the way, the second one grabbed the first one's tail and held it on the sidewalk. That probably put a bigger smile on my face than any feat of speed or distance I've achieved.

Most fun ever had on a bike? The first time I managed to ride from my house down to Cary St. and then back to my friends to finish up the last few miles with her. It's the best route I've got around here even with all the poorly paved one lane roads.

getting to know you

Where do you live? Minot, North Dakota

Explanation of your handle: I am pretty much eclectic in everything I do and think, decorating, activities, politics, philosophy.

Explanation of your avatar: huh need to look that one up

Age (general or specific) 50 on Dec 25th!

Favorite bike: I love them all

What's in your stable? Specialized Sequoia and an old Schwinn High plains sierra

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 40.5, June 25 2006, going down Medowbrook hill at the end of a perfect 57 mile day ( better down that hill than up!)

Another picture of yourself or your ride? No pix

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I choose to forget - that way I can always plead ignorance

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding the 2nd day after getting my new clipless pedals, went out for a LSD ride with a local legend. The company and information gleaned was great. Rode the longest distance I had done to date - 48 miles, and was still able to go home and do a few things. And riding 7.5 miles up the going to the sun hwy (in the rain) it was only open that far due to blasting and snow. Met 3 x-country cyclists, had a visit and went with them for supper

Most fun ever had on a bike? Fun or agony why do some of the hardest moments end up being considered fun. The second day of a supported tour it started to rain for the last 8 miles (real drops, not the weenie misty stuff,) Got in a pace line, a couple of good looking young guys (may be that is why it became fun) started pulling and the speed increased from 14mph to 18 mph. Rolled into town soaking wet but with a great sense of accomplishment

It's about the journey and being in the moment, not about the destination

Where do you live? Richland, Washington

Explanation of your handle: Nothing exciting, just a nickname a friend gave me a few years back. . . ???.

Explanation of your avatar: my first Ironman!!! CDA 2006!!!

Age (general or specific) 29

Favorite bike: Love my QR Tequilo!

What's in your stable? QR

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 42mph - hills around town, talk about scary!!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll see what I can track down

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: oh, dangerous question. . . too many to tell, lol.

Most memorable moment on my bike: lap 1 of IM, the thrill of the crowd, realizing that i was actually doing an Ironman. talk about emotional!

Most fun ever had on a bike? an olympic distance last year - playing cat and mouse w/ a friend of mine - sure made the time go fast!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Hello everyone.....

Where do you live? Oceanside, CA

Explanation of your handle: I'm a Chiropractic Doctor (I know that some people aren't big fans of us, but we are not all bad!) and most of my patients call me Dr. C

Age (general or specific) 30

Favorite bike: Trek...I wanted the pink one but I'm too tall for a WSD bike so it is silver

What's in your stable? QR Killo and my Trek

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 37mph - Downhill of course! On the flats (which are hard to find in SD county) I average 18 to 19 mph.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll have to get one!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I stopped telling them when my mom found out that I had ditched school in the 9th grade and put my on restriction for 3 months! And she stuck to the punishment!

Most memorable moment on my bike: First time I rode 50 miles...my bum was sore but I was really proud that day!

Most fun ever had on a bike? My husband and I are always inviting people to ride with us....about one month ago we had 8 people that we had inspired to start riding or take it up again all out with us at the same time. I love cycling and training, but I also love getting others excited about it and active!

Smile All about Jazz

Real name: Jazz, okay, last name is Jasmin, but that is what I go by.
    Where do you live? Columbus, OH

Explanation of your handle: It is my nickname, from one of my favorite Vets at work.
    Explanation of your avatar: Not cool enough to have one, yet....
    Age (general or specific) 34

Occupation: Lab Tech and Remembrance Coordinator for an Animal ER hospital

Favorite bike: Oh, there are so many to chose from. I'm still studying the masses and I'll let you know.

What's in your stable? Giant OCR3 BRIGHT red.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 24 miles, illegally on the Olentangy bike path. <shhhhhh, don't tell>

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Ohmigod, are you kidding me? I don't want to know what I look like, at least not yet. Wait til I'm more comfortable riding than walking. (you haven't seen my graceful ways, this shouldn't take long!) lol

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Oh no, this is a public forum, I could still get into trouble!

Most memorable moment on my bike: When I lived in Juneau, riding the 4 miles back and forth to work at the fish hatchery. A lot of times in the dark with just a flash light taped to my handle bars, praying I didn't run into a bear!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding all over Juneau and being able to stop and watch the water and the eagles!
    Last edited by razzmatazz; 07-14-2006 at 08:54 AM.

Where do you live? Takoma Park, Maryland

Explanation of your handle: Diving is my first love; been doing it for 25 years. I'm a relative newcomer to biking, except for riding as a kid, of course.

Explanation of your avatar: Uh, diving is my first love.

Age (general or specific) will be 50 in October 2006!

Favorite bike: don't know enough yet to lust for any particular bike

What's in your stable? 3 cocker spaniels. Oh, you mean bikes? 2005 Specialized Sequoia Comp and an early 90's Trek 720 hybrid I use for commuting to work.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 38 mph in June 2006 during the Bicycle Ride Across Nebraska. Who knew Nebraska had such hills?

Another picture of yourself or your ride? That would be way too embarrassing.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'll pass on this one.

Most memorable moment on my bike: It would have to be the memorable week I spent riding across my home state of Nebraska in June 2006--464 miles in 7 days. Two days were 80+ miles, 100 degree heat with no shade, 25 mph cross winds. By the last day, I was operating on pure determination but I did it all. It was harder than hiking out of the Grand Canyon.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding the first day of the Bicycle Ride Across Nebraska (see above) with three friends and having my sister and another friend (our RV/private sag support crew) greet us with rum punch and black bean salsa and chips at the end of the day. No food and drink ever tasted so good!

Where do you live? Santa Rosa, CA

Explanation of your handle: It's my name

Explanation of your avatar: That's my 4 year old, Nathan on his 1st ride without training wheels!

Age (general or specific) 31

Occupation: full time mom, part time fire department bookkeeper and I also sew children's clothing from home.

Favorite bike: I don't know yet, I'm new at this and haven't picked out a rode bike yet.

What's in your stable? Trek Mountain Bike, not sure of the model

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Don't know yet.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Here I am with my family and another of just me ~
    http://photos.imageevent.com/kori/aboutme/sig.jpg
    http://photos.imageevent.com/kori/aboutme/k2.jpg

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: My girlfriend and I were at an Oakland A's game (Bay Bridge Series) a few years ago and we couldn't find anywhere to nurse our babies. We told security that we were SF Giants players' wives and they showed us to this day care room where the A's kids were being cared for and we nursed in there.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I've only gone on a few rides so I don't have one yet.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Today I went on a trail I've never been on today and it was gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kori
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? Here I am with my family and another of just me ~
    http://photos.imageevent.com/kori/aboutme/sig.jpg
    http://photos.imageevent.com/kori/aboutme/k2.jpg
    What? No pictures with MEEEEE in them??? Some friend you are. This is the photo that Kori meant to post...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...MDVegas005.jpg

Right Kori?
    Last edited by Brandy; 07-17-2006 at 03:34 AM.

Where do you live? Biercee, Belgium

Explanation of your handle: Bicyclette = bicycle - that about sums it up

Explanation of your avatar: I'll have to work on that

Age (general or specific) 50

Favorite bike: MY bike

What's in your stable? Trek 7.2 FX

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? umm.... I'm too chicken to do speed!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I also don't do pictures of me!!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm a terrible liar so I don't even bother!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Ahh man - that would also be my most embarassing moment - let me just say that no biking shorts were harmed in the making of that moment

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding along the river

Cool

Real name: Something entirely too often butchered and unpronounceable to 98.17% of the English-Speaking world. Sooooo, just call me Aly/Alex/Alessa/Cass/Cassie/Twiggy

Where do you live? Albuquerque, New Mexico

Explanation of your handle: My favorite character from a comic series I used to read, and now, sadly defunct

Explanation of your avatar: Yes I’d like to get away from the world of taxes, 5-day work weeks, and long lines….so wal-lah, an avatar was born. Oh and it has everything to do with my handle.

Age (general or specific) Something with a 3 in the front of it!

Favorite bike: One of those fancy Cervelo Carbon bikes in the nice red/white/black scheme that the TDF boys ride. Then I’d like bloody fast, even though I’m as slow as a snail. No wait, slower….

What's in your stable? 2006 Trek 1500

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I have no idea - yesterday was my first ride in 6 years.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Sure I have pictures but I’m shy, paranoid, irrational, illogical, and look nothing short of atrocious in spandex - you know, the usual.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Ha! That would involve my sharing the details of every job interview and revealing the answer to the ubiquitous: (you choose) “Why do you want to work for XYZ company?” OR “Tell us your strengths and weaknesses?” (what weaknesses!)

Most memorable moment on my bike: Yesterday actually. It was the first time I’d been on a bike in 6 years after a combination of a bad overuse knee injury and an accident. Forget mileage, speed, and bunny hops - I’m happy to just be riding, even if it is a little and very slowly.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding along a 2 mile bridge (closed to cars) in Florida just around sunset. There was a cool breeze percolating along the golden sky, positively basking everything, me included, with an air of sheer bliss. Also riding a century back in 1999, on a big mountain bike – yes it took me many hours, etc, but it was one of those ‘aha’ moments where you actually do more than you thought you could~

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    What? No pictures with MEEEEE in them??? Some friend you are. This is the photo that Kori meant to post...

Right Kori?

Damn...you girls are gawgeous!
    I love the sleeve too. Ballsy!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy

Right Kori?
    looks like you guys are having way to much fun!
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Talking

Where do you live? Hot and Humid Ohio

Explanation of your handle: I am a mom of 3 boys, who bikes.

Explanation of your avatar: First one I found and it resembles my minivan-only mine carries 5 bicyles.

Age (general or specific) 37

Favorite bike: Bianchi for now-it changes daily. I am saving up for a "real" bike.

What's in your stable? Giant Suede W

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I have absolutely no idea.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I do not have pics of myself, only DH and the boys.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I do not lie well.

Most memorable moment on my bike: The day I actually got on my bike. I had resisted (read been terrified) of bikes for 37 years.

Most fun ever had on a bike? The day I discovered that not only do I like biking, but I like to go fast and ride hills.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle