Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 81 of 175 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by remigo
    At the moment, it involves a lot of rain gear - it's the wettest May we've had in decades.
    *smilie is blue with the cold*

Thanks for the welcomes!
    gets to be too much for ya - come on over here: I live in the desert to start with but we are experiencing one of the driest years on record this year (ok...so how can a year be the "driest" if you live in the desert?....wouldn't that mean it was dry Anyway?? Inquiring minds want to know!! LOL)
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Where do you live? Groton, CT

Explanation of your handle: I'm Kim, in CT

Explanation of your avatar: Someday I’ll do that little picture thing.

Age (general or specific) 28

Favorite bike: I'm sure it'll be whatever bike I get...lol. for now my cheapy mountain bike

What's in your stable? a Schwinn mountain bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? around 29mph, I think. If I check the speed and see it that high I slow down :/ this was on a mountain bike, all I have

Another picture of yourself or your ride? maybe later

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: hmmm...not sure

Most memorable moment on my bike: oh, about an hour ago when I huffed and puffed up a hill, muttering to myself 'I will not walk, I will not walk' and I didn't walk...was thinking it wasn't 'THAT HILL' that I was dreading, thought it only got worse from there, got to the top and realized that it WAS 'THAT HILL' that I was dreading and I'd gotten up it alot easier than I had a few days ago!

Most fun ever had on a bike? whenever I ride and increase my distance without too much pain!

Where do you live? Southern California

Explanation of your handle: I ride a triple chainring road bike with SPD's, wear a camlebak, and have a helmet with a visor! And some how I usually manage to get a chainring tattoo whenever I'm on the bike. You would think after 10 years, I learn how to avoid this...

Explanation of your avatar: Sorry, I'm not a Hindu Goddess

Age (general or specific) 4

Occupation: This gets tricky. my employer would tell you i'm a programmer analyst. What I really do is review code from 40 other programmers to make sure it meets stylistic standard, and back up the Database Administrator when she's busy or not there

Favorite bike: hmmm...

What's in your stable? A Cannondale road bike (CAAD 7 Frame) and a Bike Friday New World Tourist

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I've been in the high forty's several times. where? Most recently coming down Mt Baldy road about two months ago.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I usually wear a Harry Potter Invisiblity cloak when riding

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I never lie.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I guess a week ago, when I did the 30 mile, four slog up to Onyx summit (8400 feet) This may change in two week, when I attempt to do from the other side

Most fun ever had on a bike? after 10 years? and trying to pick one moment? It think i'll skip on this one

Plantluvver in Portland OR

Getting to Know You!
    Here it is ladies! Got this off another bike forum and had great fun! Just copy and paste then change to fit you!

Where do you live? Portland, OR

Explanation of your handle: I was a Extension Master Gardener Volunteer, wanted a handle without an goofy number at the end, so I alterred the spelling.
    Explanation of your avatar: Too lazy to figure out how, and HATE reading directions.

Age (general or specific) 47

Favorite bikeon't know, probably more than one

What's in your stable? 1981 Schwinn LeTour , Schwinn Traveller, unknown year

Fastest speed on a road bike? I'm just glad to get there, I don't worry about speed.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have any pictures.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told:

Most memorable moment on my bike: I was just starting in cycling as an adult, after many years. I had ridden my bike maybe two or three times. Thsi particular day, I had a vague notion that I should carry some tools. Before I got from the parking lot to the trail, my chain slipped off the hub. I had no notion of what to do, but I looked at it and puzzled it out, and adjusted the derailler. Some guy in the parking lot was really impressed with my mechanical ability. It was a great feeling, to be able to be self-reliant.

Most fun ever had on a bike? As a kid on a 20" bike converted to a bannana seat and hi-rise handlebars, I rode down a staircase of 4 stairs without falling. Jolting, but I felt very accomplished.

Welcome newbies, one and all!

Quote Originally Posted by plantluvver
    Most fun ever had on a bike? As a kid on a 20" bike converted to a bannana seat and hi-rise handlebars, I rode down a staircase of 4 stairs without falling. Jolting, but I felt very accomplished.
    You need a mountain bike - you get to do that kind of stuff all you want!
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

Welcome one and all!!

Kim: congrats on climbing THAT HILL without walking! I've got one of those here and they put it at mile 80 of my upcoming century! I just keep thinking of the Little Engine that Could! I Think I can, I Think I can..........

Fred: was lol about your chainring tattoo! I have a friend here, not matter what she can't seem to ride even a short distance without marking her calf! She just figures a ride without a chainrign tatt - isn't a ride at all! and I LOVE the HP invisiblity cloak!!

Plant: So how do I get to be a slacker?? That is my lifelong dream you know! Your story about fixing your chain brought a smile to my face - isn't it awesome to not only be self-reliant But self-reliant in Front of people!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Where do you live? Eugene, OR

Explanation of your handle: A lot of people call me Becks, just thought I would throw on the 06 to make it interesting.
    Explanation of your avatar: That is my baby girl "Titan"
    Age (general or specific) 29 for a few more days!!!

Favorite bike: My bike! Specialized Dolce Elite.

What's in your stable? Specialized Mountian bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? I really am not sure. Need a computer.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have any pictures.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Geez, there are so many!

Most memorable moment on my bike: My most memorable moment on a bike happened a few weeks ago. My husband and I are new to road biking. I would have loved to have biked in the past but I was really out of shape. This past year I have lost 55 pounds and have gotten my life back. So back to the memorable moment...We did a great ride, we went over 40 miles. When we hit that 40 mile mark, I couldn't help but let a tear slide down my face. I have my life back. What a feeling!!!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Every ride is a new adventure!

Welcome to the board Becks! - and congrats on your first 40+ miles ride! soooooooooooo ready for a metric century yet!

and thanks for the giggles re: biggest lie ever told!

Smile my information

Where do you live? Detroit, Michigan

Explanation of your handle: Well, the "Janey" part is pretty obvious. The 826 is the number of miles I rode in 2005. I was really proud of topping 800 so I thought I would put it into my name. I don't know what I will do if I am able to top 1000 THIS year. Guess we will just have to wait and see........

Explanation of your avatar: Sometimes, when everything is going just right, I feel this fast.

Age (general or specific) 45 but when I am riding I feel 25.

Favorite bike: What ever bike I am on (normally a Bianchi CDI)
    What's in your stable? The CDI and a Trek singletrack for off road.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 43 MPH going down a big hill on decent blacktop near Brighton Michigan, about 3 years ago.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't know how to put any pics in here.....

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't remember. I TRY not to tell them but, well, you know.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I was riding in the city with a friend who was VERY impatient and didn't like to wait for red lights. I refused to go through a red so she waited for me. When the light turned green for us I pushed hard on my pedals. My chain slipped off and I was thrown over the handlebars and onto the road in the middle of a busy intersection. IF I had done that against a red light with 60 MPH traffic coming at us I probably would have had to deal with more that a slight concussion. Everytime I come to a red light I think of that accident so I NEVER ride against red lights.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Just about any time I am riding with a really tight group. I LOVE the feel of being part of something bigger and faster than myself.
    Last edited by janey_826; 06-01-2006 at 12:26 AM.
    Train hard but don't lose the joy of just riding a bike.

Welcome to the board Janey! You could always change your tag line to show what you rode for 2006 - and here's hoping you Do top 1000! Love your avatar and it fits me perfect...Really fast - for all of about 50 yrds...then I'm done!

Quote Originally Posted by janey_826
    I LOVE the feel of being part of something bigger and faster than myself.
    Ain't that the truth!! I can feel 1000 coming on (do you log your miles? BikeJournal.com? Think: Team Estrogen?)

Where do you live? Fallbrook, CA

Explanation of your handle: My family calls me "Teh" (one syllable is so much easier than two ) and my last name begins with "J".

Explanation of your avatar: Those are my dogs. From left to right in the picture they are: Amy (10yo red/white Pem. W. Corgi), Spike (5yo tri -color "fluffy" PWC), and Cody (?yo mutt--shelter dog)

Favorite bike: hmmm- those Vanilla Cycles are gorgeous!
    What's in your stable? 2005 Giant OCR-3 in blue.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't even have a picture of the bike yet!

Most memorable moment on my bike: I suppose that would be the required "first fall with clipless pedals". I missed with my left foot and my brain forgot to tell my right foot (already clipped in) that it could still pedal and therefore keep me moving so, of course, I went down!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Bike Polo!

Logging miles

do you log your miles? BikeJournal.com?

Yes, I do log my miles but I use an Excel spreadsheet. I will check out BikeJournal.com. Thanks

Where do you live? Oakland, CA

Explanation of your handle: I palindrome I

Explanation of your avatar: Me on the road during ALC2

Age (general or specific) 33

Favorite bike: would love a custom steel RB one of these days - maybe Waterford or Mikkelsen

What's in your stable? Trek 5200 RB , Kona Caldera MB. My first RB, Audrey, was a Lemond Zurich that was stolen but I still consider it to by mine. Soon there will be a nice Burley trailer for my 15 month old daughter.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 40 something on one of the many, many downhills in the Bay Area.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? http://www.oaklandyellowjackets.org/...3_alfie_01.htm (Rider 5493)

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Does biggest mean worst or best?

Most memorable moment on my bike: Climbing Pinehurst for the first time when I realized, hey, I LOVE this, and I can DO this! And ALC2 was, of course, a lifechanging experience. I hope to do it again someday. I've taken a little riding hiatus after the birth of my daughter, but I'm back on the bike and looking forward to more memorable moments.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding with the Oakland Yellowjackets is always fun!

[QUOTE=tararat]Real name: Jenny
    Where do you live? Boulder, CO

Explanation of your handle: a nickname

Explanation of your avatar: none to explain

Age (general or specific) 43

Favorite bike: whatever I'm riding at the time

What's in your stable? Specialized Hard Rock circa '85; Bontrager Privateer; Gios Compact Pro (the pretty blue bike), Surley Steamroller fixed at 39:17 (the "what do you mean no coasting" - yup no coasting - "you're nuts" bike)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 40 something, somewhere

Another picture of yourself or your ride? http://jpput.blogspot.com Trying to ride up the Washington Monument

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "It's not that far"?

Most memorable moment on my bike: hmmm, too many to choose the best

Most fun ever had on a bike? early morning commute under a full moon with empty streets is a recent "most fun" event.