Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 76 of 175 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Whew * wipes sweat from brow* - I went riding this weekend and the board Exploded!!

so: HOWDY YA"LL!! Welcome to the board, it is truly a most wonderful place! Even tho the # of unread posts keeps getting longer and longer, there isn't any other place I'd rather be and I keep telling ppl about us. It is Exactly where we are meant to be!!

If I miss anyone - please chalk it up to meno-brain and know your post wasn't missed, I just lost track of who went where!

To the person with the 20 yr old Peugeot: which one? My winter commute bike a 1987 Peugeot Avoraiz. It was also the first bike I rode the memorables on: my first 1/2 century, my first metric century and my first imperial century.

To the person getting the prebuilt Luna: Oh yeah?? can you say "envious" boys and girls?.....I Knew you could! Margos' shop is 55 miles away from me in Santa Fe! Enjoy your Luna and know that someone very close to Luna cycles is drooling on her keyboard for you!

To the person from the UK: welcome welcome welcome - there are quite a few UK ladies here! Hopefully between the UK and the US we'll take over from the Ozzies/Kiwis!

To the person fromn Maine: LOVE the coastline there, HATE the winters!

To the squirrel dodger: ROFL...I'd forgotten about them after living out here in the southwest. The worse I had to worry about are roadrunners and they just kinda hop/fly out of the way!!!

again welcome all!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    EvilTwin! You must explain the "guy in a chick suit" bidness when you tell us about Brenda!

Oh! And I used to live in Albany, OR, and work in Monmouth. I just remember the very tall and deadly devil's club that grows in the forest there. Eeeek!
    Last edited by yellow; 05-01-2006 at 12:45 PM.

The guy in a chick suit saying comes from a surgeon I work with a lot. We have similar personalities, in that, I don't always think in the "traditional" girl way. I'm very blunt, not particularly emotional (at least, not at work), I have a warped guylike sense of humor... etc... That's not to say Im' not feminine, I just don't know how to act it all the time. I guess that's a long way of saying I'm a grownup tomboy.

Where do you live? Anchorage, Alaska aka Paradise

Explanation of your handle: Ready for a long story? OK.

Back in high school, I was on Yearbook staff. And the Copy Editor and I did NOT get along. (As Editor in Chief I was his 'boss'.) Anyway, we would taunt one another with various derivations of our first names. He became Sethbian, I became CinderBlock. Cinderly evolved from there.

Explanation of your avatar: I love my cats. No, you don't understand. I LOVE my cats. They are the most spoiled cats west of the Mississippi, if not in the entire Western Hemisphere.

Age (general or specific) I'm turning 30 this November! Woo hoo!

Occupation: Executive Babysitter and Language Geek (more commonly known as Administrative Assistant and Technical Editor)

Favorite bike: Eventually, maybe, something custom. For now, my Rockhopper rocks.

What's in your stable? 2005 Specialized Rockhopper. 15" silver.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Honey, I'm doing good to be moving at all.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Nothing yet.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I told my SO that I was completely out of debt when I still owed almost $10,000 to credit card companies. Somehow, we managed to weather that storm.

Most memorable moment on my bike: It's a tie -- the time I rode 20+ miles without realizing I had done so (I was 14) or the night I got my RH home and was instantly hooked. I look forward to replacing these as I ride more.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I'm still in the very early stages, so just about every moment on a bike is some combination of "This-is-so-cool-OUCH!"

Welcome to the board Cinderly! Anchorage?? and here I whine when the temps drop below 50! so just what Is the riding season in Alaska??......2 weeks in July?? oh I'm sorry - was that wishful thinking?? (Cmac Hates the cold - can you tell!) Oh - and I recognized the Executive Babysitter as soon as I saw it! Good thing we love our jobs eh?!

WElcome!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Dang, you're fast, lady!

The riding season in Anchorage varies with the rider's tolerance for cold. MY riding season is about the same as my hiking season -- mid-April through mid-October. I know several people who commute by bike year-round.

Despite being a life-long Alaskan, I'm still incredibly cold intolerant, so I picked up a trainer from Craigslist this week. Hopefully, that'll get me through the winter.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking here for a few days and have been amazed and heartened by the camraderie and enthusiasm I've seen. TE rocks!

Thanks for the welcome!

In answer to CorsairMac, I´m the Peugeot owner. I´m trying to date it and find out what it was using old catalogues, so I don´t know what model it is yet. Originally an egg-yolk yellow road bike with 10 speeds and alloy wheels; any ideas? I bought it in a pretty battered condition and have ridden it for the last 13 years, so I think it may deserve some restoration while I ride something a bit younger (like the Bianchi I tested this evening......)

Bron

Quote Originally Posted by Bron
    Thanks for the welcome!

In answer to CorsairMac, I´m the Peugeot owner. I´m trying to date it and find out what it was using old catalogues, so I don´t know what model it is yet. Originally an egg-yolk yellow road bike with 10 speeds and alloy wheels; any ideas? I bought it in a pretty battered condition and have ridden it for the last 13 years, so I think it may deserve some restoration while I ride something a bit younger (like the Bianchi I tested this evening......)

Bron
    Does it have the original components on it? Also, mine has the "name" stamped on one side of the top tube but depending on the year yours may not. You could try looking at the hubs - if they're original, Peugeot used to stamp the month and the year the bike was produced on the hubs. Mine is an 87. I replaced all the cables and housings when I got it, plus new handlebar tape and I switched out the pedals for clipless but I kept the old ones as they were original to the bike. The rest of it is pretty much original and it's a great bike.

There are several vintage riders and vintage bike riders on the board - welcome to the club!!

Welcome to the board everyone!

Cinderly, BTW, it's kind of funny and has become a joke now but people mistake me for being Aleutian or some other form of Native American fairly often and I'm Korean. I have one friend who wants me to go with him (he's part cherokee) to a pow-wow and see how long we can fool people. Then there was not only a police officer who grew up in Alaska but also the owner of a local restaurant who have both mistaken me for an Aleutian.

It's quite odd really. I'm also told I'd fit in in Hawaii too.

Mel

Hey, Melody. If it makes you feel any better, a lot of people thought my parents had adopted my younger sister when we brought her home. She can pass for Aleut quite easily if she wants, although the last First Nations blood in our family was many generations ago.

I, on the other hand, am so pale I'm nearly transparent. Aside from skintone, we look very much alike.

Apparently, it's pretty common for people to mix up Thai, Korean, and Alaska Native. Go figure.

Welcome to everyone! I've become really addicted to reading this thread . Thanks for making it something to look forward to reading

greenmtngirl, I went to high school in Vt (we moved there when I was 14y/o). we lived in in a tiny town south of St. Johnsbury. beautiful state!

which part are you from?

Getting to know you

Hello,
    I've been lurking and learning a lot so now it's time for me to finally join all of you great TE gals.

Explanation of your handle: I have embraced my silver tresses
    Explanation of your avatar: What's that? Do I need it and how do I get one?
    Age: Pushing 60 but age doesn't matter unless you're a cheese
    Where do you live? Sparta,Wisconsin on the Elroy-Sparta Trail, the first Rails To Trails bike path in the nation-it's great! That's what got me back to biking after 30+ years.
    Favorite bike: Has to be my first new bike- a 1971 Elvish I saved for ..to big for me but that was before they fitted any chick on a guy's bike..if you could ride it without crashing they said it was perfect for you-I loved that bike!
    What's in your stable? A Trek 7.5 FX with disc brakes and my brand new Bianchi Milano for riding to work and around town-it was lust at first sight! Had to have it.
    Fastest speed on a road bike? I'm an oldie not a roadie- I do the bike trails but you never know...never say never..but I'm still getting skills honed
    Another picture of yourself or ride? I flunked audio-visual skills
    What is the biggest lie youv'e ever told? Lie? Moi? I'd never tell.
    Most memorable moment on my bike: I can think of something memorable about all of them and they're all fun for me

Where do you live: Kansas

Explanation of your handle: Kansas Jayhawk fan

Explanation of your avatar: Our welcome sign is always out

Favorite bike: My next one

What's in your stable: Walmart special

Fastest speed on a road bike: No idea, but not very fast!

Another picture of yourself or bike: Maybe when I have I bike worthy of a pic
    I need a new bike!

What's the biggest lie you've every told: That's a looong story!

Most memorable moment on your bike: This morning when the handlebar on my Walmart piece of crap bike starting spinning like that girls head in the exorcist! Boy, that'll wake you up! Have I mentioned that I really need a new bike!

Most fun ever had on a bike: Last week there was a beautiful sunrise and all the birds were singing. Before I started riding I would have been in bed and missed the whole thing!

Welcome JJ! Do you still have your very first bike?? I wish I still had the very first road bike my dad and I built out. I think that's where I learned my love of speed!!! Hope to hear more from you!!!