Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 137 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? San Francisco for the last year but I'm from New York.

Explanation of your handle: I'm a librarian by training but I do different types of work now. I am still lovely though.

Explanation of your avatar: I just love this picture. It's from a company that makes clothes FOR chickens.

Age (general or specific) 37

Favorite bike: Not sure yet...

What's in your stable? K2 hybrid/ commuter and Ironhorse Warrior MTN bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Maybe around 30 on my hybrid with the basket on the back.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Will try to get some soon.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Hmm, that's a tough one. Funniest lie was not telling my mom when my pet snake escaped (several years ago when I was living at home) and making up an excuse for my scream of shock when I found it a few days later in my underwear drawer.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Getting the hang of clipless pedals on my MTN bike.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding back downhill after many many miles uphill on my MTN bike. Really enjoying the scenery.

Real name: Call me anything, just don't call me late for dinner
    Where do you live? Eastern CT

Explanation of your handle: My dog's name, one of my favorite cities.

Explanation of your avatar: It's a greyhound!

Age (general or specific) 30s

Favorite bike: Don't have a favorite yet, but my current bike is fun to ride.

What's in your stable? 2008 Giant FCR (current bike) and circa 1998 GT mtn bike and an out of commission 1990 Univega Activa.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? No idea.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Here's my bike:

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "It's not you, it's me."

Most memorable moment on my bike: Commuting to work and biking through the 'hood in Oakland.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding on the back of my dad's Harley... oh wait, you meant bicycle...

Hi Everyone!

Where do you live? Currently in Papillion, Nebraska

Explanation of your handle: I have nine children.

Explanation of your avatar: I haven't picked one yet.

Age (general or specific) 42

Occupation: Stay-at-home mom (mostly), also in the Air National Guard

Favorite bike: Co-Motion Nor'Wester touring bicycle

What's in your stable? The aforementioned Co-Motion

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? About 29 mph--I'd have to look it up--going downhill during a training ride in 2006.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I never get pictures of myself.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "My bike didn't cost THAT much, honey!"

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding along a bike trail on Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi, while I was seven months pregnant. It felt so good to be able to ride even while I was fighting my baby's feet (which kept poking into my ribs).

Most fun ever had on a bike? Every ride is fun!

Talking Getting to know you...

Where do you live? Parker, Colorado

Explanation of your handle: I am always smiling...

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) Just turned 46!!! I love getting older... well, not what my skin is doing, but knowing I have "been there, done that!" What is up with that weird looking type of new skin I am aquiring?????? You know what I mean... thin and ????

Favorite bike: dunno... love the one I have... ex hubby left and I ended up in a bike store about 3 days later buying this "custom" road bike... it's a Raleigh with a carbon frame... other than that, I would have to go look at it and tell ya more...

all I know is, I go fast!!!! tee, hee...

What's in your stable? Trek Navigator 200 2004

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Just got a spedometer thingie for my birthday... wireless CAT EYE... I also hit 28.5, riding on the road yesterday!!!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't think I have one...

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I like this statement... copying it...
    I can't remember, which means I've either told too many, or I don't lie! (I'll let ya'll pick!)

Most memorable moment on my bike: A couple of weeks ago, I took off when a storm was going on all around me. In Colorado, you can see the most amazing storms in the distance or over the mountains and not be in it. It was awesome. A nice feel in the air and no one on the trails ridin'...

Most fun ever had on a bike? When I can zip past those thin, tall guys all decked out in their riding gear. Sometimes, I look like I just got out of the nearest thrift store. I just throw on whatever and go off riding...

Where do you live? Parker, CO

Explanation of your handle: When I commute to work very early in the morning, I am dodging bunnies all along the bike path! It's also the name of my road bike.

Age (general or specific) 47

Favorite bike: Both my bikes!

What's in your stable? Specialized Dolce Elite 2008, Cannondale F7 hardtail – 2008

Fastest speed on a road bike? 32 mph and scared to death!

Most memorable moment on my bike: So far, participating in my first cycle event this year – Elephant Rock 32 miler

Most fun ever had on a bike? Every time I have the chance to ride my bike is a whole lot of fun to me.

Talking Welcome!!!

Summer seems to be bringing a lot of new faces our way!
    Welcome to everyone!
    Jes
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Where do you live? Denton, TX

Explanation of your handle: I love my cats and my Z28. My life is expanding since the creation of this handle, however...

Explanation of your avatar:

Age (general or specific) 50

Favorite bike: My first orange Schwinn Stingray with a banana seat

What's in your stable? Orbea Opal, Guerciotti, Benotto, Rossin and a Balance ATB.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 50 MPH + in the mountains outside of Colorado Springs, in the late 80's. Wouldn't do that now.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Can't figure out how to add one here.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: That I rode 50 MPH + in the mountains outside Colorado Springs in the late 80's. Now that I think about it, I'm wondering if I have been exaggerating all these years. I DO recall passing all the cars however!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Sounds cliche, but each ride brings some new memory to my life. I LOVE the feeling after, the challenges during and the interesting things you see and that happen along the way. MOST memorable is the completion of my first (and only) 200 mile ride, virtually non-stop.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding the incredible hills in Talihena OK towards Mena Arkansas. There is NOTHING like those climbs and descents!

Me!

Where do you live? Westerville, Ohio

Explanation of your handle: Tabby was my cat, confidant and best friend. She's been gone now for several years. My sons and I buried her in the garden under the bleeding heart plant, Tabby loved to walk in my flowerbed. Jimmy Buffet was playing an outdoor concert couple miles from the house, and we could hear the music. Befitting her personality, Tabby was buried to Jimmy Buffet.

Explanation of your avatar: My nemisis boardwalks and bridges. Did a great mtb women's clinic in Michigan .... got past my fear!

Age - 53 til next week.

Favorite bike: 2008 Trek 6000

What's in your stable? 2008 Trek 6000

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I'm pretty new to riding and don't ride road.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I attached one...where is it?

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Have I told one?

Most memorable moment on my bike: I've only been riding since end of April. Boardwalks/bridges kinda freak me out for some reason and on my 4th ride, I went off the side of a low boardwalk ... onto a log and cracked a rib. All is good now, back on the bike and have gotten past most of my boardwalk fear. Yeah, me!!

Most fun ever had on a bike? I love riding thru creek crossings and over log piles ... just plain fun!!!
    Last edited by Tabby; 07-05-2008 at 04:38 PM.

Where do you live? Ocala FL

Explanation of your handle: Uh... I like Ariel and I am a moon child?

Explanation of your avatar: That's me.

Age (general or specific) I'll be 40 on wed the 16th of July.

Favorite bike: I like my BF's madone but I have no reference really, I have only ridden two bikes.

What's in your stable? BF's Trek 2300 not sure what year

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 35mph a few weeks ago coming down a hill on HWY 27 in Ocala. It was fun but there was some gravel so I didn't try for more.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I dont have a pic of me and the bike yet.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I dont lie... EVER. (*hee*)
    Most memorable moment on my bike: I saw a deer last week while riding on the farm where I work. That was pretty cool.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I just started riding a few months ago and to me every ride is fun. I am enjoying getting stronger and more fit. I did a charity ride about a month ago and some experienced riders/ racers told me that I should be racing. I was pretty flattered.
    Last edited by arielmoon; 07-09-2008 at 03:35 AM.

Where do you live? Jackson, MI

Explanation of your handle: My husband calls me that

Explanation of your avatar: It's from the start of a very hilly ride with hairpin turns that goes 20 miles from Cross village, to Harbor Springs, MI

Age (general or specific) 46, the same age as Chris Chelios.(Red Wings defenseman)

Favorite bike: Trek 7.3 FX, the only one I'm riding now, but would like to graduate to a faster road bike someday when I heal from some injuries.

What's in your stable? see above

Fastest speed on a road bike? 31.7

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I haven't had a chance to take a camera with me very often, but probably will when the dh and I do "one helluva ride" on Saturday, the 63 miler.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I may have stretched the truth a little on occasion.

Most memorable moment on my bike: The baby fawn I had to stop for a few weeks ago.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding around a lake in Colorado when my husband was running, training for a triathlon. That was before I was riding seriously, but the place was absolutely beautiful, and there were elk nearby.
    Last edited by BeccaB : Today at 08:43 AM.

Where do you live? Chattanooga, TN

Explanation of your handle: Those are my initials, and "aer" in ancient Greek means "air, mist, vapor". For Anaximines, it was the essential element of the universe that dispersed or compressed made up all things. Cool! (See "occupation" for explanation of why I would think that is cool.)

Explanation of your avatar: That sounds technical. Maybe I will get one of my students to get me one.

Age (general or specific) 32

Favorite bike: I don't want to play favorites, it might hurt their feelings.

What's in your stable? Trek 6500, IF Steel Deluxe

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Currently I do not have a road bike.

Another picture of yourself or your ride?

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm not scared!

Most memorable moment on my bike: When I was in college, I rode my bike to our practice fields every weekday. It was a straight road through a valley, one mile downhill and one mile up, always a little breezy despite being closed in by old sugar maple trees. I loved watching the trees change as the seasons passed. Those daily (short) rides were not challenging or anything, they just made a lasting impression of that time in my life.

Most fun ever had on a bike? About 10 years ago I rode with a group of 9th graders near Bravard, NC - super fun climbs over big boulder-like slabs, nice weather, downhill singletrack that was just challenging enough (i.e. pretty easy). Since there was a more experienced guide, my only job was to make sure the kids had fun and enjoy the day! Nice. That was a fun place to ride, and a fun place to introduce some kids to biking in the woods.

Introducing myself...

Where do you live? Colorado
    Explanation of your handle: just a word
    Explanation of your avatar: I like kitties
    Favorite bike: I only have one
    What's in your stable? Giant XTC
    Fastest speed on a road bike? never rode a road bike
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? nope
    What is the biggest lie you've ever told: not sure
    Most memorable moment on my bike: when I flipped over my bars, luckily just a few scrapes and bruises
    Most fun ever had on a bike? coasting downhill on smooth singletrack

Where do you live? suburbs of Baltimore, Maryland

Explanation of your handle: My initials. Original, huh?

Explanation of your avatar: It's a picture of Altun Ha, some Mayan ruins in Belize. It was the only picture on my harddrive at work that WASN'T my kids.

Age (general or specific) 39

Favorite bike: I'm sure there are many nicer ones out there that I'd love just as much, but I have a long term, stable and faithful relationship with my Miyata 600 touring bike.

What's in your stable? Just the Miyata. I shopped around for a newer/better bike for a couple of months, looking for a good commuter, and I kept coming back to touring bikes. So instead of spending a lot of money on something new, I spent a little money to get the Miyata back on the road.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 53 m.p.h. going down a long strait stretch with a respectable grade in the pouring rain with my bike fully loaded for long distance traveling. This was in northern Italy 17 years ago and even at the time it scared me when I realized that the speed wasn't really a problem, but stopping might be. I don't think I'd attempt that these days!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? The original catalog page for my bike. Not much has changed since I bought her, except new handlebars and tires:

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: The biggest? I can't remember. I tend to stick to small lies. The lie I really remember is telling my mother that I was starring in a class play when I was in second grade. There was no play and if there had been I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten a lead role. I don't know why this one continues to haunt me.

Most memorable moment on my bike: This is a silly one, but there's one hill near where my parents live that was always my nemesis, starting from when I was nine years old and allowed to venture out of my immediate neighborhood. I couldn't get up this hill for anything, not in my first heavy single speed bike or in my next fancy ten speed or in my Miyata when I was training to go touring. I'd always end up walking. Then I spent most of 12 months touring and the day after I got back I woke up early (jet lag) and went out on my bike to make sure it survived the flight home. And I got up the hill without even slowing down.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Can I count every day I was touring? Every morning I'd wake up and think that there was nothing else in the world I'd rather be doing right then. Second most fun was teaching my daughter to ride.

Sarah

Getting to Know You

Where do you live? Cornwall, UK

Explanation of your handle: Trail name from my 1997 Appalachian Trail Thru-hike...easy to remember...it suits me.

Explanation of your avatar: not got one. Give me a chance. only signed up a minute ago

Age (general or specific) 31

Occupation: Print lecturer...way too much fun to be classed as a real job!

Favorite bike: ?? don't know enough about bikes yet...

What's in your stable? Thorn Raven Tour

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I'm a scardy cat...I like to go slow and steady

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: hmmmm

Most memorable moment on my bike: usually the most recent crash..

Most fun ever had on a bike? These questions are hard...I don't know...every time I go for a ride???

Welcome to all the recent new members!

Katie, what's a "print lecturer"?
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er