Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Smile N. Ca Newbie

Getting to Know You!

Where do you live? Northern California

Explanation of your handle: I'm working hard to become a Registered Nurse.
    Explanation of your avatar: Currently, no avatar. I'm still quite new here.

Age (general or specific) 34

Favorite bike: looking for my first ever road bike

What's in your stable?
    Road: none
    Mountain: old 15+ yr old schwinn

Fastest speed on a road bike? don't know.. not too quick

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Not at the moment.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: what? me? tell a lie? heehee, never.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I have yet to have a fabulous moment on my bike, but I have to say riding with two toddlers in the trailer and my baby on the back of hubby's bike was quite fun. Whew, they all ride bikes themselves now.

Hey guys, I'm brand new! New to all of this! So, I was copying and pasting the little survey thing that I see weaving throughout this thread and it's pretty sad... I can't answer any of the bike questions! I have no clue!

Where do you live? Nesbit, Mississippi

Explanation of your handle: A band that I loved... a local band that never made it big. I changed a letter or two to make it unique, but that's where it started!

Explanation of your avatar: Um. I don't have one.

Age (general or specific) 25

Favorite bike: I have no idea about anything about bikes. That's why I'm here!

What's in your stable? Again, my answer to this is just sad. None. Nothing.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? never had one... Nick won't let me play with his.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? nope.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm a terrible liar. I don't think I ever graduated from the lying about being sick during grade school.

Most memorable moment on my bike: um. nope.

Most fun ever had on a bike? again... nope.

welcome to the board snpdragen, we'll have you on a bike in no time and who's this Nick who won't let you play? welcome alpinerabit too!
    Last edited by Trek420; 09-12-2005 at 07:05 PM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Nick's my boyfriend. and if it weren't for the mess the grease would make, I'm almost positive he'd sleep with his bike. It's his new hobby, so he's embracing it wholeheartedly.
    He's got me enthused, but is a little lax about answering questions about it - seems to be one of those boyfriend moments where they'd like you to join them, but don't want to have to explain anything!
    and thanks for the welcome!

Welcome alpine: I noticed your tigerrabbit on another thread and Love it! I have a stuffed tigerrabbit someone made for me once!! Still brings a smile to my face!

Welcome Snp: eh so ya'll ain't got a bike yet?....wellllllllllll have YOU ever come to the right place. As for Nick not letting you play with his bike - go get one better, make sure it's fitted to you, and then just dust his butt into the ground!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Red face

Where do you live? San Diego, CA

Explanation of your handle: I have a new "hot pink" bike. I look for all things pink when shopping for cycling gear.

Age (general or specific) 40 this year, I have arrived! Jan 12

Favorite bike: The brand new one I'm riding.

What's in your stable? Trek 2200

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 33 on hill repeats with bikerchick68

Quote Originally Posted by purepink
    I have a new "hot pink" bike. I look for all things pink when shopping for cycling gear.
    Have you seen these: http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=3889

Where do you live? Seattle, WA

Explanation of your handle: It means "cool name" and is a terrible pun that I borrowed from the artist complex that created the Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin album sleeves.

Explanation of your avatar: I've been running a Superman logo avatar for ages - ever since I got shanghai'ed into buying a Superman visor at a previous job.

Age (general or specific) Just turned 30.

Occupation: Rock star. Oh wait, that's only in my head. I work in the production department for a local area garment manufacturer that specializes in manskirts. four out of 15 employees ride bikes to work at least three days a week!

Favorite bike: I haven't ridden a ton of bikes, but I really like the looks of the bikes built by Davidson. They're local, and I know a tremendously talented chick wrench that I'd eventually like to have build up a bike from a Davidson frame.

What's in your stable? Two months ago I brought home a 2006 Specialized Cirrus. I haven't ridden significantly in over ten years - but I still have the Sterling CitySport that I bought for myself in '86. It's too small for me to actually ride but I can't bear to part with it.

Fastest speed on a road bike? I'm only just beginning to get comfortable on my bike - and descents scare the pants off of me.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have one yet.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I promise I won't laugh"

Most memorable moment on my bike: Finally making it all the way up the hill home. It's a whopper.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I went out to ride the Magnolia Scenic Loop with the new guy at work and missed a turn. We wound up on a dead end - and carried our bikes up a really really narrow, steep concrete staircase leading up the bluff. It put us out right where we needed to be, and the detour was actually very lovely. We both had a great time and don't regret the navigation error at all.
    Aperte mala cm est mulier, tum demum est bona. -- Syrus, Maxims
    (When a woman is openly bad, she is at last good.)

Edepol nunc nos tempus est malas peioris fieri. -- Plautus, Miles Gloriosus
    (Now is the time for bad girls to become worse still.)

Smile Welcome HipGnosis6!

If only everyone worked somewhere where over a quater of the employees biked to work!
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

Where do you live? Northern Virginia.

Explanation of your handle: I'm Nicole, and I tend to be a bit of an insomniac. There you have it.

Explanation of your (lack of) avatar: Haven't picked one yet.

Favorite bike: Don't have one yet -- but I've got a sore neck from swiveling my head around to look at other people's bikes when I'm on the way to work.

What's in your stable? A Giant Sedona DX hybrid; just bought it a few weeks ago. It's my first bike since I was about eight.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have one yet. My husband is a photography nut, so I've no doubt there will be one soon.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "No, Mom, I didn't put that piece of bread in Dad's eight-track tape player." (I was five and I thought it was an EZ-Bake oven, okay?)

Most memorable moment on my bike: I've only been riding a few weeks, but right now that would have to be the moment when I stopped being shaky and nervous and everything started coming together and I started truly having fun.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Pretty much every time I go out on my bike with my husband and try to push myself to do more than I did the last ride. I got to see a family of deer crossing the trail yesterday; that was cool.

Where do you live? Currently, Frederick Maryland

Explanation of your handle: single mom, live for travel and adventure

Explanation of your avatar (An embodiment, as of a quality or concept; an archetype): creative energetic activist with passion for compassion

Age (general or specific) Taurus 26

Favorite bike: The only one I’ve got

What's in your stable? Trek 7100 nice dry green in color

Fastest speed on a road bike? Where? When? Not a clue

another picture of yourself or your ride? I am notorious for befriending people who take heaps of pictures, because I never take them myself.

Most memorable moment on my bike: When I was fifteen my Mom and I did a trip called Freewheel where we biked from a city in northern Texas thru Oklahoma to a city in southern Kansas; Tornado season’s a B*tch!!

Most fun I've ever had on my bike: Every day on the bike is wonderful because I am alive to enjoy my health!

Someone else did this and I thought it was a great idea - it's been almost a year since I posted last and things have - ummmm - changed slightly so here is an update:

Where do you live? Albuquerque, New Mexico

Explanation of your handle: I think the F4U-Corsair is one of the most awesome planes ever built and my father was flight engineer for the last Corsair outfit to fly in the Navy. The Mac is part of my last name.

Explanation of your avatar: They are members of the Ladies Morallly Fashionable Cycling Society from the turn of the century!

Age (general or specific) 46

Favorite bike: would Love either a Rivendell or a Luna.

What's in your stable? Trek Navigator 200 comfort bike, Trek 820 mountain bike, 1986 Peugeot Avoraiz road bike, 1989 Trek 1100 road bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 45.0 going down one of the many screaming descents we have here - I was passing Cars!!!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have very many pixs of myself - I hate having my pix taken

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't remember, which means I've either told too many, or I don't lie! (I'll let ya'll pick!)

Most memorable moment on my bike: My very first century. I wouldn't have been able to even attempt it if it hadn't been for the support I received here on TE and over at BikeJournal.com. It was going to have to be completely sef-supported and I was going to be riding alone but so many people told me I could do it and they were right! And wow!! what a feeling of accomplishment.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I have an occassional biking buddy who is an ex-racer and one day while struggling up one of the many gawd-awful hills out here he rode by me with his shorts pulled down around his knees! I was laughing so hard that hill suddenly didn't look so big or so steep. Now every time I struggle up a hill - I just think if him mooning his way along that incline and get the giggles. Nothing helps ya climbing better than giggling while you're doing it!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Where do you live? Memphis, Tennessee

Explanation of your handle: Well, it sort of explains how I make sense of my life, which otherwise defies explanation.

Explanation of your avatar: That's Little Moe. I rescue rabbits (the domestic kind).

Age (general or specific): verging on my sixth decade on earth.

Favorite bike: "Love the one you're with."

What's in your stable? Crimson Joy (my shiny red Trek 4500, modified for city riding/trekking -- lighter kevlar tires, hybrid handlebars, Easy Seat saddle -- a machine much envied by the bike cop I met at a bike shop one morning)

Fastest speed on a road bike? Last time I rode a road bike, I didn't have a speedometer, and it was so long ago that I wouldn't remember, anyway.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? None available, unless there's one in a Homeland Security file somewhere (apparently they think that animal rights advocates are dangerous subversives).

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "Don't be silly. Your hair looks great."

Most memorable moment on my bike: Maybe that would be the hornet that hitched a ride on my shorts all the way across Balboa Park? Well, I wasn't going to try to brush him off and risk getting stung. (Yeah, I have a dull life.)

Most fun ever had on a bike? Coasting at high speed down into the canyon and belting out "mouth music" at the top of my voice.
    "This is totally unfair! Just because I'm from another planet, I don't have rights? I mean, doesn't the Geneva convention protect extraterrestrials?" (Stargate)

ROFLMAO - welcome to the board Eagle!! Your post is such a Hoot!! I loved the whole "animal rights=subversive!! Must be those attack rabbits you're rescuing! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Thanks!

And I'm not making it up about the animal rights folks. A friend of mine -- in fact, the head of my organization, Rabbitwise -- is a psychotherapist and a registered "first responder", so she has to take seminars from time to time to keep her certification current. In one of them, the class was informed that animal rights advocates should be considered potential terrorists. One of the groups identified by name was the Doris Day Animal League.

Osama bin Laden has some real competition there.
    "This is totally unfair! Just because I'm from another planet, I don't have rights? I mean, doesn't the Geneva convention protect extraterrestrials?" (Stargate)