Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Flybye View Post
    You surely don't have to post your stats to do this, there is no way that I want to embarrass anyone. Stay away from that candy today at work and welcome to the challenge!
    Thanks for doing this

FWIW I didn't think anyone was trying to embarrass me So, no worries - I'm just not sure I want my current weight to be google-searchable forever... Along those lines, Tuckervill has a good point - being brutally honest is a good thing. Anybody got any ideas??
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by CA_in_NC View Post
    Thanks for doing this

FWIW I didn't think anyone was trying to embarrass me So, no worries - I'm just not sure I want my current weight to be google-searchable forever... Along those lines, Tuckervill has a good point - being brutally honest is a good thing. Anybody got any ideas??
    CA - maybe just report your weight in lbs lost? Like say your starting number is 0 and each weigh-in just tally up -1, -2.5, -4.2, etc? That way, you are accountable, but the actual number isn't there. You could do the same with inches but maybe just report those numbers at the end.

That said...when you do get to your goal, you may find that you enjoy suprising people with what you actually used to weigh (I did!). At that point, it's kind of fun to have people (especially anyone new you meet) go "NO WAY!...you are so thin at fit...I can't believe that you were ever XX!"
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

GLC- That's kind of what I had envisioned. It's kind of funny - people who know me *never* believe it when I tell them what I weigh. For now, let's just say it's higher than anyone else who has posted....

Thread Drift - Did you guys ever end up going anywhere in October? My vacation time ended up being working time (ick!). So...I'll be scrambling to find some time to take off before the end of the year. We probably will try to head back for the mountains (more likely hiking than biking due to the temperatures up there), but the rest of the holiday plans are up in the air...

CA

We didn't! Work got super busy for me, so I had to delay my vacation by week. Then...I got the flu for it! It sucked...but at least I didn't have to use any additional time off.

We are actually headed to the VA mountains for a weekend in December...but mostly for eating and wine-tasting. (Not good for this weight loss effort, huh?) If the weather is good, I'm definitely going to suggest that we bring our bikes with us...even if we end up just doing some mountain biking instead.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Mtbdarby - Where on earth do you work where you can just strip down to your skivvies and hop on the shipping scale? Sounds like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by steinspinne View Post
    Mtbdarby - Where on earth do you work where you can just strip down to your skivvies and hop on the shipping scale? Sounds like fun!
    I did NOT! I weighed myself at home nekid before I jumped in the shower. I said I wasn't going to weigh myself on the shipping scale at work. Man, you scared me there And the guys would love it if I did THAT!
    Dar

So we are going to have a weekly weigh-in on Mondays, and not on Mondays and Thursdays? I personally think once a week is best.

Also, can we measure in fractions of pounds instead of whole numbers? Some weeks, a half a pound is better than nothing, even if it is just psychologically.

Quote Originally Posted by bambu101 View Post
    So we are going to have a weekly weigh-in on Mondays, and not on Mondays and Thursdays? I personally think once a week is best.

Also, can we measure in fractions of pounds instead of whole numbers? Some weeks, a half a pound is better than nothing, even if it is just psychologically.

You can weigh once a week if you prefer. I am going to weigh on Thursday because it helps me be more accountable on the weekend. I think back to Thursday's weight and don't want to blow it!

If you have a scale that weighs in fractions, go for it. I do and I know that every ounce counts!

Quote Originally Posted by mtbdarby View Post
    I did NOT! I weighed myself at home nekid before I jumped in the shower. I said I wasn't going to weigh myself on the shipping scale at work. Man, you scared me there And the guys would love it if I did THAT!
    Oops, sorry! Guess I misread your post. Definitely had me confused!

I'd like to be in! I have no idea what my weight is but I've been doing WW flex plan. I had gradual weight gain and while I can wear my same clothes, some are decidedly uncomfy. I figure I could stand to lose about 20 lbs but 10 would be perfect for now

Will have to get you my weight - might do it from the gym tomorrow a.m. I don't have a scale at home.

Today I ran five miles! Yesterday was swimming and spin class. I try, OH do I try

Okay, here is my info since some of you are revealing your measurements I decided I should "step up to the plate" Well, not a real plate

waist: 29
    hips: 41
    Thigh:24
    Chest: 36

weight

I'm curious-can i follow a weight watchers type plan although i'm inactive atm and will only be able to do light exercise at best for a month or so?

I don't want to join ww or those types of plans but mainly want to eat properly & know how much to eat.

Does anyone have any experience with this q?

Dar-my weight is 65kg =130lbs

c

Quote Originally Posted by steinspinne View Post
    I was wondering the same thing so we both read it wrong.

Love the dog pic you have for your avatar! I love watching the ugly dog contest. They're so ugly they're cute. LOL

Lora

Just wanted you all to know that this group has helped me already. Some fiend brought in leftover Halloween candy today. The file cabinet where the food always ends up is near my cubicle. I have walked by it at least a dozen times during the course of my day and haven't been tempted to take one even once - mainly because I'm holding myself accountable to all of you. So, thanks for keeping me in line today!

Now, if I can just hang onto that frame of mind when I get home at 6:00 and start dinner. That's my period of mindless eating. A cracker here, a handful of raisins there. Next thing you know I've consumed a meals-worth of calories before sitting down to dinner. Argh !

Hope everyone had a good day.
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

And I passed the Starburst. Wish I could say I did yesterday, but I gave in to temptation... At least I did well today. And I will do well tomorrow...

CA