Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Smile Chloe & our AIDS Walk

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yesterday we had our 4th annual AIDS Walk. I had debated about bringing Chloe along since I've only had her for a month (as of today) and she can still be a bit skittish about strangers. Anyway, since I'm one of the organizers and would be gone much longer than I am on a work day, I decided to bring her along.

She handled it like a champ. I made her a sign to wear "Paws for a Cause" which drew a lot of attention. She encountered strangers (children and adults) much better than I had anticipated. She even surprised me when getting into the car (which she previously had loathed) by just hopping in. She spent a lot of time sleeping once we got back home.

Some members of my team said they got some good pictures of her. As soon as they e-mail 'em to me I'll post 'em.

Trek, thanks again for the temp tatoos...they were a hit. I'll have to see if there are pic of the people who sported 'em.
    I'm a Dog on a Mission! The human & I are doing Woofstock again this year!

That sounds wonderful! She must be feeling comfortable with you now. Can't wait to see pictures!
    "Being retired from Biking...isn't that kinda like being retired from recess?" Stephen Colbert asked of Lance Armstrong

Still waiting on the pictures.

Yeah, I think she's feeling right at home now. For a dog who was uncomfortable even walking into my room she now dive-bombs me when she hears the alarm going off in the morning...pushing the pillows off and trying to push me out. No more snooze alarm abuse for me anymore.
    I'm a Dog on a Mission! The human & I are doing Woofstock again this year!