Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Rider, New Bike, New to Clipless

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm just getting started into road biking. I'm totally convinced I'm going to love it.
    I got my new bike about a week or so ago. (see pictures).

I freakin love it. If you haven't got a look at this bike, you should. Go to the Cannondale website, it's the Optimo Feminine 2. The paint job is really cool. I've yet to meet anyone who didn't think it was one hot bike.

I was pretty scared of clipping myself to my bike. My boyfriend has been pushing me to get clipless pedals, so after much discussion, I went for it. We went for a short ride around our neighborhood with me all clipped in and it was great.

I DIDN'T FALL!!!!

I'm so exited about riding more and going on my first long ride. I can't wait to get out there and enjoy the ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0918.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	4064   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0919.jpg 
Views:	531 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	4065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0920.jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	4066  

Oooh, very, very pretty!! I know what you mean, I got my bike about a month ago and I love it. So much fun. Good luck with the clipless - I fell my first time out and then again last night (at least I am consistent, I fell in the exact same way and busted up my knee and elbow in the exact same place - ouch!) The thought of falling was actually worse than the reality.

Kristi, your bike is real pretty. You need to get out on some event rides so you can mingle with other cyclists and they can see your bike. There is probably an event ride every weekend for the rest of the summer. You can probably do one of the short rides of 35 miles to start.

When you need new tires, maybe think about adding tires with some color. The tires that TE sells are really good. The blue ones would add a little something extra to the look of your bike. And maybe get blue handlebar tape to coordinate. Just an idea for you.

http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=13372

Don't forget the matching and coordinating clothes and helmet.

Darcy

what a wonderful paint job! welcome to TE
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Cool paintjob! Can you post another photo showing the Chinese characters more clearly? I've got 1, 3, and 4 figured out, but can't make heads or tails of the second one.

Wow, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bamboo!!! And yes, I second the addition of blue tires and tape! You're right, that is a hot bike. One of the nicest paint motifs I've seen. LOVE IT!!!!!
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    That's one sweet looking bike! Never seen a paint job like that before- I LOVE it. No wonder you want to be out there riding it- who wouldn't??

Now you two go enjoy some long, enjoyable miles together!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

So pretty. I saw that bike at a local shop and cursed my body for not being compatible with WSD frames. I *love* that paint job.

I just saw this bike in person today. Beautiful. Ride it in good health!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

that is a pretty bike with a very unique paint job! I too am very new at cycling. My first bike is only two weeks old, also started out clipless from the gate; however, I did fall very first time.

I hope you enjoy the ride.
    Pam

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it." ~~ Moliere

What a gorgeous bike!!! So pretty!!!

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    That is the prettiest paint job I've seen on a Cannondale. It looks so Zen-like. How does it ride? I think you need to show it off every chance you get.

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    In your second pic, I noticed some fur. Is it a sable german shepherd by chance?

I was SO tempted by that bike, but couldn't test ride one. I love my purty new bike, but I thought the graphics were so cool on those Cannondales. Snowboards and skateboards looks so sweet these days with the graphics they have, so why not bikes? Plus, it is GREEN! Congrats! And glad to hear that the riding is going so well.

So I'm not really sure if it's possible to respond to each person individually. I don't know how to if it is.

Thanks for the compliments!! It just makes me that more exited to get out there and show this baby off!

I did go for a short ride around my neighborhood with my boyfriend and I did it clipless. I DIDN'T FALL! But I've really only got down how to get my right foot out. I'm a little more clumsy when it comes to getting my left out.

I would love to know what the symbols on my bike mean. I'll try and get a better picture in the next day or so. If anyone knows what they mean, please fill me in.

And about the dog fur - I have an 8 year old Siberian Huskey that's white and tan. A 5 year old Huskey/Doberman that's black. And a 10 week old Chihuahua/Beagle that's tan and white. I'll find some pictures of them later.

And one other thing, I've thought about playing with the colors of the tape and accentuating the colors on the bike. My boyfriend works at our local shop and he almost put on white tape and temporarily put on a white seat just to see how it would look.
    I'm participating in the Tour de Tucson in November and will probably fancy it up for that. I'll add pictures if I do anything fun.

Thanks