Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

So far so good.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Today a beautiful cloudy day with light drizzle. The kinda day that makes you want to curl up in bed with a book. Which is exactly what I should be doing!!

SIL and I are going to drive about 30 min down a beautiful windy road into the rainforest to have a massage and soak at a mineral hot springs/spa. Hopefully. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, Sunday.

Tri Girl, I hear you about the lists etc. I have a terrible time remembering little things. I don't get that emotional but definitely a little reactionary and scatterbrained.

The drive is 8 hours. We're leaving on Wednesday and we'll go about half way, camp out then go the rest of the way the next day. Nice and mellow drive. It's a spectacular drive too and DH hasn't done it before so we'll stop a lot along the way.

See y'all later.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

No major freak outs today until I tried to find my permanent residents card so I can get back into the US. We moved you see and well.....

Anyway, I had a little freakout but then I found it and all is well.

I had a chat with my coach today and I have two classic coach Scott quotes:

"the hay is in the barn."

"Now you're starting to use your head for something other than a hat rack."

He's a little rough around the edges but has a heart of gold.

I had a fabulous deep tissue massage today and a swim in a mineral pool. I feel great.

Phew. One more day down.

BTW, this time next week I will be done my race.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

wahooo

Imexcitedimexcitedimexcitedimsoooooooexcited

CC jumps around in circles and sends happy IM race vibes to wahine...Happy dances soon dear..

Happppppy dance...happppppyyy dance...happppppyy dance...

Waheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

C

Quote Originally Posted by Wahine View Post
    I had a chat with my coach today and I have two classic coach Scott quotes:

"the hay is in the barn." "Now you're starting to use your head for something other than a hat rack."

He's a little rough around the edges but has a heart of gold.

Actually, he sounds neat. And, by the performances and training you have accomplished, he must be OK!! We're all rooting for you!!
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Where are you going to be staying in Penticton? Lucky enough to get a room at the Lakeside?

And... do you have any estimate as to what time you hope to be transitioning from bike to run? I doubt I'll be getting there in time for the swim but we'll probably be around to watch some of the transitions and probably the end. I have a few people I'll be keeping an eye out for.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Please note all Gods involved in Triathlon success, eg: Wind god, flat god, belly god..... I mean no offence and the following post is pure speculation as I know that any one of you could smite me down at any moment. I am you're humble servant.

Now then, <knocking on wood the entire time I post this>

Swim start is at 7 AM.
    T1 - 1:05 to 1:15 ish, 8:05 to 8:15 AM
    Bike - 6 to 6:30 total time, that brings me in at between 7:05 to 7:45
    T2 - enter at between 2:05 to 2:45 PM and hopefully get outa there in less than 5 min, (last time it took 8 min but I had to massage my feet). So I'll head out on the run at 2:10 to 2:55 PM
    Finish - <fingers crossed, knocking on wood and throwing salt over my left shoulder> 4 to 4:10 hours running... That means 6:10 to 7:05 PM.

My goal is to come in in under 12 hours. All times are given in PST.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Sounds FAST there Wahine! You are going to do it too! All the training you have put into this... you are going to ROCK the course.

Oh yea, I almost died laughing when you speculated that I would do a 5 minute transition in an IM in another thread... HAHAHA! Did you see that I had a 3 minute transition time in my Olympic tri? And I didn't even change clothes! HA!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by kelownagirl View Post
    Where are you going to be staying in Penticton? Lucky enough to get a room at the Lakeside?
    Oooops. Missed that part.

I'll be staying at the Starlight Motel on Skaha side. It's less that 1/2 a block from Skaha for swimming and is on the bike and run course, but far enough from the action to be able to stay mellow. Best of all there's a kitchenette. Very important. No restaurant food before a big event like this!!

It's also right next door to the motel where all my Edmonton Tri buddies stay. I can't wait to see them.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Ohhhh......
    I can FEEL the Ironman vibe that is coursing (sp?) through your veins right now! The excitement, the fear, the anxiety, the feeling of being a part of a big family, all of it.
    I can't wait for my next go round!
    I've been to many many races over the years, small town races, big city races, races where you camp, ALL kinds of races. But there is NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING like the vibe you get around an Ironman venue. You can almost reach out and grab it from the air. People are so kind, it's like everyone is part of a big family. Like a family reunion of sorts. And the first timers are welcomed into the fold like a new baby.
    Sigh..... I wish I could be up there with you. I'd love to get a bit of that vibe right about now...

So Ms. Wahine... I was thinking about something when I was changing from my swim today. I do believe that IMC has an underpants run akin to the run in Kona. I seem to remember seeing pictures once upon a time. SOOO... If they do, will you partake??
    Please tell me you know of the underpants run...

Quote Originally Posted by Running Mommy View Post
    So Ms. Wahine... I was thinking about something when I was changing from my swim today. I do believe that IMC has an underpants run akin to the run in Kona. I seem to remember seeing pictures once upon a time. SOOO... If they do, will you partake??
    Yes, I think there has been an underpants run. I'm not sure if it still happens. I think they may have nixked it. If it happens, I will be playing by ear. I like to wear a thong and I will not wear one for an underpants run. We don't need to see my beluga white cheeks flappin' around. So participation would entail finding an appropriate pair of bottoms. I'm sure I have some somewhere.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wahine View Post
    We don't need to see my beluga white cheeks flappin' around.
    Yeah, right. Aren't you the chick who won a best butt award?

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    Yeah, right. Aren't you the chick who won a best butt award?

V.
    True, but that was 15 years ago and it don't matter how fit you are, when you're cheeks are beluga white like mine, it just ain't pretty.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Quote Originally Posted by Running Mommy View Post

Please enlighten the rest of us! Inquiring minds want to know!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Hmmmm....

Will those guys be there in their tidy whities????? Very nice picture.