Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Been tracking mine and it's had zero updates since 8/11, which just reads "In Transit" from its Texas stop. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow! (fingers crossed). Rode 24 miles yesterday and OW... my current saddle has GOT to go...

Overall, not a fan of UPS. I'm a DHL girl all the way.

Well...mine should be here tomorrow, too!

I had no updates from the time it left TX until it hit Seattle early this morning...or rather Redmond. All day today it's said in transit from Redmond to Seattle. Geesh! They aren't that far apart!

I guess one more day in the scheme of things won't hurt me! *sigh*

For cryin' out loud, if my saddle is sitting in Redmond all day tomorrow, I'll call UPS and tell them I'll just come pick the darn package up myself! Nothing like wanting something so bad and it's so close yet so far.

Hopefully though we'll both be happy, happy Brooks saddle owners! Post pics!

There's a Brooks and Bikes pictures thread somewhere....

(I think I might've started it? Maybe I should go look for it.)

More saddles! More bikes! More pics!

C'mon, UPS, I wannnna seeeeeee new saaaaaaddles!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Mine has arrived, too! I plan to proofide it this evening, and may or may not get much of any riding in until tomorrow...then it gets put to the test on my commute!

My first impression is that it's a) gorgeous, and b) seriously wide, though only in the back, which hopefully is OK. I won't be able to really compare to the B-17 without further testing, but my thought is that maybe, just maybe...I've finally found a saddle where I won't feel like I'm hanging off the edge or teetering right on it. That'll be a first for me, if so!

Oh cool, yours arrived too! Post some pictures when you get a chance.

OK, as requested, some pictures! Keep in mind that I'm nowhere near the photographer that skyhand is, and also didn't have anywhere tidy to take shots. I ended up kicking the dog off the bed and photographing 'em there...

The new saddle, after its very first coat of Proofide!

A comparison with the B-17:

The B-17 is a bit longer, quite a bit narrower, and quite different in shape - if anything it looks wider to me in the transitional area between nose and back.

Stacked...

Another angle...

My bike with the new saddle!

From the back...

From the side...

And, for good measure...the dog that got kicked off the bed. Hesagooddog, yes he is!

I think I have the saddle more or less in the right spot and position...I plan to ride to work tomorrow, so that'll put it to the test straight off. Hopefully it isn't toooo painful!

Great pictures! Thank you!

Now go here: http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=17382 and post your Brooks-n-Bike pic!

Ok, class, everyone notice the "pear" shape of the B17 as opposed to the "T" shape of the B68. It's all about the transition of nose to perch! Seek out the one that suits your hip joints, and the world is a better place!
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 08-16-2007 at 08:45 PM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

PURDY SADDLE! Love it!! And yes, he lookslikeagooddog yes he does!

Rode my B17 tonight about 7 miles, just a quickie to get a feel for positioning. Great test run! I can feel that it's new, needs some broken in time, but feels dandy overall. A fun side note — I was at a pub for a spell and a little while later, someone else appears with their ride sporting the same friggin' Brooks as mine, except theirs was honey instead of brown. Beautacious! I know what I'm gettin' next if my current baby fits me...

And, icing on the cake, it looks great on my MTB. Will take pics tomorrow and post in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhand View Post
    Beautacious! I know what I'm gettin' next if my current baby fits me...
    Skyhand - maybe you should talk to RoseC about a certain honey Brooks B17 saddle that might be in need of a new home?

And.... helookslikemydog, yes he does! (my stinky dog sleeps on my bed, hesasnoringdog, oh yes!)

Hmmm, now there's a thought... A certain honey B17 needing a home? What a coincidence: I have a home!

If it's up for grabs, let's talk, RoseC — I've gotta give my current B17 some butt mileage, but if she fits me... yeah!

I don't have agooddognoidon't, but i have goodbirdsyestheyare!! My canary is the cutest little bird. Here she is hiding in the candle holder, in Canary Stealth Mode:

Last edited by skyhand; 08-16-2007 at 09:52 PM.

If it's up for grabs, let's talk, RoseC — I've gotta give my current B17 some butt mileage, but if she fits me... yeah!
    Remember, I am BROOKS-LESS and I am certainly interested too if any of you girls are selling your old saddles.
    "Chisel praise in stone; write criticism in sand."

Quote Originally Posted by skyhand View Post
    I don't have agooddognoidon't, but i have goodbirdsyestheyare!! My canary is the cutest little bird. Here she is hiding in the candle holder, in Canary Stealth Mode:

That is just about the cutest thing I've seen in a while, but I'm going to try to one up you with a part lazy, fat cat/part sofa cushion:

Juan the cat just won't seem to stay put when I put him in the basket of my bike!
    WallBike.com

First ride report: I rode in to work today on the new saddle - it's about 12.5 miles, as I've mentioned, so not *really* long, but enough to put it through its paces. My impressions are mostly positive. I was surprised at how comfy it was straight off - I reckon Lisa's right when she says there's a certain amount of breaking in that happens to your posterior rather than the saddle, and I've already done that part.

My weight definitely lands on my sit bones, and that feels rather strange to me. I will probably have a little bit of soreness just over the bones for a few days. Whether that means this is the first time they've really been supported or whether it's just a result of a different position, I dunno! On the other hand, my feminine parts are just kind of suspended, and that's a good thing!

Didn't notice the saddle getting in my way at all. My saddle bag is more in the way than the saddle, if anything. And speaking of the saddle bag...there was an unexpected perk there. I've been using an old Schwinn touring bag for my commuter bag, since I can bring my bike into my office and don't have to worry about trying to detach a bag each and every time. I found this thing for a couple of bucks (the guy who had it didn't know what it was), cleaned it up, and it works pretty well. Anyway...the bag loops on the B-68 are much bigger and easier to work with than the ones on the B-17, so it was a lot easier to mount and adjust. Nice! Now I'm even more torn between Carradice saddle bag and waterproof panniers when I go to upgrade my luggage...

I *may* sell the B-17, but I think I need to give this saddle a few weeks, just to be sure. There aren't any dents on the B-17, but it does have some wear. Still, since I got it for a good price, I'll probably not ask a whole lot for it, so it might be a good chance for someone else to at least try a Brooks! Join the cult! You gals will be the first to know if I decide to sell.