Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Arizona Roll Call

After seeing Mimitabby's post about a TE supported ride, I got a little jealous. Why couldn't we do something like that in Arizona?

So come on ladies!! Who lives in Arizona? How about if all AZ residents reply with their cities. If we can't arrange a group ride, maybe we'd find a riding buddy or two. Or maybe just a margarita drinking buddy.

My name is Lisa and I live in Peoria.

Sounds great!

Denise- aka running mommy lives in Goodyear- Estrella mtn ranch to be exact. Nice riding up here!

Hi I'm an Arizona gal. I don't live down in the Phoenix area like most of you, I'm up in Flagstaff. Anyone for a cool ride????

Bring your rain jackets!

jan

Heck Spoke- We need rain jackets down HERE lately! Monsoon has hit with a vengence!

Sue from Ahwatukee here. Would love to get together for a ride sometime!

Jan, would you believe I pulled a calf muscle three days after we rode together up in Flag? I'm just now getting back on the bike, but would like to do that loop again!

i'm here, in south scottsdale! any time, any place. a ride would be so cool!

sue, when do you think you'll be ready for another south mountain run? i really enjoyed that, and now sundays are closed to cars.
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

Troon footnote

I should have mentioned I can also ride on some week-days and possibly Sunday. The traffic tends to be worse during the week so I try to start by 6:30 now that it's staying dark later. Would love to connect for some riding in this part of North Scottsdale.

Scottsdale Multi-Use path

Thanks for that great link to the Scottsdale trail system Fountain Hills! You can also access the trail from Mountain View Park. There is good parking there. Follow Shea west of the 101 Fwy to Hayden, south on Hayden and east on Mountain View. The park is just past the school on your right. If you go east at the first tee on the trail it takes you to the hospital back on Shea. But if you go west at that tee you can actually ride all the way to Tempe Town Lake. About 30 miles round trip. I find my hybrid bike works better on the trail since I tend to ride faster ont he road bike making it harder to avoid pedestrians. This trail will be loaded with walkers, joggers, and skaters on the week-ends but it's a great ride mid-week. You might want to ride with a friend if you go south of McDowell as the area gets a little seedy from there to Tempe. I'll be escaping my mountainous neighborhood of Troon to do this ride 2-3 times a week while rehabing my knee.

HI folks I was just looking for places to ride and I saw this link. Looks like some nice options to ride with others at various locations and paces.....

I thought some of you might enjoy this and want to check out some rides.

http://www.azbikeclub.com/weekrides.html

Hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by AZSpinner View Post
    After seeing Mimitabby's post about a TE supported ride, I got a little jealous. Why couldn't we do something like that in Arizona?

So come on ladies!! Who lives in Arizona? How about if all AZ residents reply with their cities. If we can't arrange a group ride, maybe we'd find a riding buddy or two. Or maybe just a margarita drinking buddy.

My name is Lisa and I live in Peoria.
    We just moved from Ftn Hills to N. Scottsdale off of Dynamite Rd. But we are recumbent riders...not sure we will "fit in" with the group or not!

Lisa

HI, I am new here and this will be my first post. I live in north central AZ in a small town named Clarkdale. It is just south of Sedona, right in between Prescott and Flagstaff in the Verde valley. I ride road but have an old hardtail that hasn't seen much use since I also ride dirt bikes. Hope to meet up with some of you all.

Brenda

Just signing in and wanted to give a quick shout out to all you AZ people. I'm from Chandler and just wanting to branch out here. This seems like a good place to start.

Jamm41

welcome jammin!!
    did you post in the "getting to know you" thread?
    glad to have you.
    enjoy!
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

Quote Originally Posted by PinkBike View Post
    welcome jammin!!
    did you post in the "getting to know you" thread?
    glad to have you.
    enjoy!
    Thanks for the welcome PinkBike!

I have not posted in the "getting to know you" thread, but will look for it.

Jamm41

Edit: If you could direct me to that thread it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Jammin41; 03-23-2008 at 02:59 PM.