Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Bike Around the Bay

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just wondering if any of you were going to do Lyondells Bike Around the Bay? It is a 175 two day ride taking you around Galveston Bay. I am wondering if anyone has heard more about the ride. I have checked out the website.

Here is the website for the ride

http://www.bikearoundthebay.org/

It sounds fun and like a challenge their are some big bridges (we do not have hills here ) that are going to be fun to go over.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    That looks like so much fun!!! It's my fall break weekend from school, but such a looooong drive (8-9 hours ). We MAY have to put it on the calendar as a possibility...
    Thanks for posting about it.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

That looks like a great ride! Our budget won't accomodate it this year, but I hope it will be an annual event. Let us know how it is if you do it.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I saw this one too. It looks like a fun ride and a good cause. Also, great price since it includes an overnight at Moody Gardens. It's a first year ride, though, so I think I'll wait for them to get the kinks out before trying it.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    I don't believe it includes the overnight stay- that's $149 in itself.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

TriGirl - I just dug a little deeper in the website and discovered that little hidden gem! I think maybe I'd just bunk with the relatives instead. It still sounds like a fun ride, though.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, 'Wow, what a ride!!!'"

Well I live close to the overnight stay so I would not have to spend the extra $150. I think I will give it a go and see how it is. $100 is a lot less than the MS 150 although both go to great causes. I will keep you posted on how the ride goes.

So, there are some of you that might give this a try? I am about a 4 hour drive. Not too far. Any of you going, have you gotten a room? I am thinking about trying it, but need someone to ride with if I give it a shot.

Heidi