Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

I just ordered a Seven!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I did it.
    After I returned the Madone to the shop, I set up an appointment for this afternoon with Mike to order up and ID8!!!!
    BikerZ - it's all your fault!!!
    We were back at the shop at 3:30, and Mike went over Seven's fit kit with me and took all the measurements - off me and off my Axiom - and went over all their questions (handling, stiffness, vertical compliance, use, etc).
    I'm looking for something with a little stiffer drivetrain than my Axiom - something a little quicker off the dime - yet with that buttery smooth road manners that the bike currently has.
    I did find out that my left arm is shorter than my right. Go figure. I wonder how you address that when building a bike??
    Most of the drivetrain will come off my Axiom - FSA compact crankset and full DuraAce. I may opt for new wheels, but I told Mike I'll need to ride a few first. Mike knows I refuse to put Bontrager on my Seven, so other components are up in the air (seapost, stem).
    Since I'm not painting it (yet) and going with black decals and a black headset, it will probably look like something very close to this....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	id8_1.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	3615  
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

I had to leave a cart of groceries in the store Friday because i didn't have enough money to pay for them.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

That is so cool!!!

lovely bike.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Good for you! How long before it comes in?

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    I had to leave a cart of groceries in the store Friday because i didn't have enough money to pay for them.
    At the other extreme:
    I know a man who has so much money that he has TWO custom titanium Sevens which are identical except that he has a big ugly metal basket on one of them and uses it to go get groceries. He never locks it up either. He had asked the LBS to install a kickstand on it too, but they refused and said they'd take it away from him if he put one on.

To be fair though, I'll say that this guy is actually really nice, a friend of ours, and aside from his bike issues he does a lot of good things in this world for a lot of good causes.

Regina- Congratulations! That's going to be a fabulous bike for you!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YIPPEEE! Congrats!
    2007 Trek 5000
    2009 Jamis Coda
    1972 Schwinn Suburban

"I rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a bike. It gives her a feeling of self-reliance and independence the moment she takes her seat; and away she goes, the picture of untrammelled womanhood."
    Susan B. Anthony, 1896

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    Good for you! How long before it comes in?
    Not really sure. It all depends on when I can conduct my interview with them and when I can meet with the shop to go over the set-up. Generally, 6-8 weeks is the standard response, I think....

It'll be a little quicker than DH's, b/c it won't be painted.

And, gads....what if I get a custom Ti commuter??? I've been lusting after a Seven Mudhoney to replace my Felt someday (Rohloff hub, disc brakes, sigh). My neighbor's will spraypaint "DINK" on the side of our house.."Dual Income No Kids".

But you do have bunnies!!

Quote Originally Posted by bike4ever View Post
    But you do have bunnies!!
    Yeah....and we don't need to save for college tuition for them!

Oh Regina! Excellent - that's a beautiful bike! I and proud to be blamed for this! You'll have it in time for all those lovely autumn rides!

Yay!
    Keep calm and carry on...

I guess I won't be keeping up with you anymore.

Congrats!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

It's a beauty. Let's us know how it progresses (what store are you working through?)---what components are you getting for it? Color? Congrats!!

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Bunnies don't need college. They already know what to do.

Regina, keep us posted through the process of getting your wonderful Seven. What a great event!!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Velobambina View Post
    It's a beauty. Let's us know how it progresses (what store are you working through?)---what components are you getting for it? Color? Congrats!!
    Well, all. I just had my interview with Seven. We went over my custom fit kit, any hang ups I had (my term!), issues, preferences, riding style, etc. I kind of felt like I was interviewing for a job....the ramifications are almost as big!! Next step - they'll develop the frame specs, get it over to the shop and the shop will set up the fit-bike based on Seven's recommendations. If I'm happy with it, I'll sign off on the specs and they will build the frame. If I don't like it, it's back to the CAD drawing board and come up with something else.

Velobambina...I'm working with The Bicycle Place in Silver Spring, MD. The Bike Place is a top-10 Seven dealer nationally. Owner Mike is an expert on all things Seven (and bikes in general) and I trust his judgement completely. He has hundreds of happy Seven riders as customers (well worth a visit from Arlington - hint, hint...tell Mike I sent you!).

Current configuration: Bike will be naked ti with black decals and a black Chris King headset. I'll transfer over my '05 FSA SLK compact (50-34) crankset and full Dura Ace components elsewhere. I currently am rolling an '00 Ultegra wheelset, and I think I will likely replace those, but haven't decided with what yet. I may go with Kysrium's. Maybe Dura Ace. I don't know.

Unfortunately.....Mike is away for 2 weeks, so I won't get to check out the specs until the week of the 16th. And then...if it's not right, I won't be able to try again until the week of July 30th, as I'll be in Portland Oregon the week of the 23rd.. Ahhh...scheduling!