Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IMCdA

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

To disable ads, please log-in.

Congrats mommelisa!!!!! I can't wait to hear the longer report! The hills weren't that bad, huh???? Maybe I could do CDA! A duathlon? Ha! No way you're training that hard to do a duathlon instead!
    Congrats on a great finish- and for having a wonderful time during the race! Way to go!!!!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Congratulations, Melisa! I guess this makes you SuperIron?

I read in the paper that something like 20 people opted not to do the swim, and started riding around 9:30 instead. Some people opted out altogether, standing on the beach in their wetsuits (one guy said "it's just not my year, I guess."). If I had trained that hard and long just to get there, it would take a lot more than choppy lake water to convince me to turn back. Can't call it an Ironman without some unexpected twist -- last year it was the heat, this year the choppy water, but next year will be perfect... right?

Your times were great, I wish I'd have known earlier or I'd have made a point to be there when you crossed the finish. We were all there in spirit.

Great work Melissa!! Thanks for the recap. I've been thinking about that race. Sometime I'll do it.

Great courage to go out there in the water in spite of the choppiness. I'm glad you had a great race and a FUN race.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Race Report

ok, girls, i've written a race report. you can find it here: http://mommelisa.blogspot.com.

beware its long!

Quote Originally Posted by mommelisa View Post
    ok, girls, i've written a race report. you can find it here: http://mommelisa.blogspot.com.

beware its long!
    Great story, Melisa, and not too long. Congratulations, once again. Crossing the finish line with your kids must be amazing.

I'm glad Coeur d'Alene was good to you. Apparently the home sales in the area rise every year after Ironman, so there's a lot of people that agree with you. Not sure about the campground in your lake pictures... looks like it could be a golf course back there?

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Awesome race report, Melisa!!! I was so caught up in it, I didn't even notice how long it was until the end when I scrolled up (you're quite the writer!).

Congrats again, on an amazing race!!!! So glad you got to enjoy it with your training friends and you were able to share the moment with them!
    I was watching live feed during the time that you finished- and I saw you finish with your kids. Didn't even realize it was you until after you crossed- "oh wait- that was mommelisa!!! Go Melisa"

I am seriously thinking of CDA in '09, but those hills scare me. Maybe if I can find something semi-comparable around here to train on (unlikely to find hills that big, tho), it won't be so bad. You made it seem doable! Then again, you're an animal on the bike.

Congrats, 3 time IRONMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Awesome race report Melissa! Great stuff!

Yea, there for a moment I was tempted... "maybe you should sign up". Then I was like... NO! Hills I like... but ice cold lakes I do not. And it's kind of cold up there this time of year.

I think I want to do IMFL 08, but now I'm scared of the jelly fish (thanks RM!).
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Sold out in 6 days.

I had a surreal conversation with a guy I work with (a much faster runner than I, but he hasn't ran distances). He says he's going to 'follow in my footsteps' and run a marathon this year. Then he said maybe in 2009 he'll do Ironman. We had a long discussion about how training for those distances would require certain nutrition and hours and types of training, and it would help to know what a marathon felt like, and have a year to train, and... Needless to say, he doesn't know I signed up. :P

i signed up too. it was too beautiful to pass up.

Well, I was tempted... but passed. Cold water and all.

And thanks to RM I got scared of the jellyfish attacks at IMFL... so know I'm eyeing IM Kentucky in 08!

It's looking like the perfect race for me.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Running Mommy View Post
    IMMO (WI)- NO desire to go there. Hear it can be hot and humid. I do hot, not humid. I know last year it was bone chilling rain. Just can't see myself going to WI for anything...
    RM, I'll pretend you didn't just say that! I'm here I'm sure Queen, SJCzar, Lise and others would come root you on. Wisconsin isn't so bad - come on - who'll be the first TE'er to do IMMO (WI)???
    Dar

Great report Melisa! It wasn't too long at all I was reading it totally enthralled
    All you Ironwomen are so amazing. When I read your abbreviated report I thought " she makes it sound like a walk in the park" Even after reading your full report I sensed total joy w/ no hints of agony.

Congratulations on a great race and a great day!

It's about the journey and being in the moment, not about the destination