Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Potential women-only ride in/near Seattle - help wanted!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi Seattle folks -

A friend of mine who is an agent for a large real estate company in Seattle (ReMax) told me that the company is looking for a sports-oriented way of marketing themselves in the area. He knows about the Cinderella womens' ride down here in California (from moi) and suggested something similar to his associates.

Well, seems the idea is taking off (I'd drive up!) and he's been asked to come up with a rough draft plan for such a ride. As he's way too busy to handle it himself, he's asked me to tap into the TE pool to see if anyone is interested in getting involved in organizing this ride, to be something similar to the Cinderella Classic or the Little Red Riding Hood. I've suggested "Rapunzel" as a ride name.

If anyone is truly interested in helping out, and more importantly would be committed all the way to the day of the event (i.e., no jumping ship halfway through the planning/permitting process), please PM me and I'll put you in contact with him by email.

Thanks bunches!
    ~BikeMomma

p.s. He's stated that ReMax will generously provide the financial backing for the event, which is a big first step.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Name it the Rapunzel Ride and I am so there.

If he wants to get together with some folks who have a lot of experience organizing big rides in the area I would suggest contacting the Cascade Cycling Club (www.cascade.org). They do a number (at least 5 a year I think) of organized rides in Seattle and the surrounding area so they would know the ins and outs and what types of permitting, insurance etc that you would need - and could probably suggest good routes.

I'd be happy to pass the word around to the women's racing teams too to see if any of them would be interested in helping out.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Interested...

Although I am a bit too far from Seattle to help organize, I would definately be interested in attending.
    The only comment I have is that it would be really unique to have an all women/girls ride that is not decked out in Pink!!

I'd sure try to make this ride!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Ok, I'm the guy who has been tasked with trying to get this off the ground. As BikeMomma noted, I'm familiar with the Cinderella ride. At this point the name is going to be the Rapunzel Classic and a target of July/August of next year is set. Anyone who would be willing to help volunteer to organize this thing would be much appreciated. PM me for contact details and we'll see what we can do to launch this.
    Last edited by El Hombre; 06-21-2007 at 01:28 PM.

I think an all women's ride would be awesome! I would definitely ride it! I think I will email Cascade and let them know about this posting.

Hi El Hombre! Lots of interest, as you can see.

Come on grrrlz --- let's make this happen!
    ~k
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

We'll do it up Northwest Style

We can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by teigyr View Post
    We'll do it up Northwest Style
    With trash bags as rain jackets?

No pink!

Quote Originally Posted by El Hombre View Post
    With trash bags as rain jackets?
    As long as they aren't pink!!

Not to bring this up again!!

But...
    I dare you to hand out banana keepers instead of t-shirts! I would attend just for that!!

Oh yes. Banana Keepers with a logo on it

They DO protect from premature ripening.

Rapunzel Classic - check.......
    No pink garbage bags - check
    Banana keepers - I'm not much of a banana guy, can't stand the things really. Anyways, I just googled banana keepers and

Last edited by El Hombre; 06-21-2007 at 04:56 PM.

Banana Guard

Quote Originally Posted by El Hombre View Post
    Rapunzel Classic - check.......

Banana keepers - I'm not much of a banana guy, can't stand the things really. Anyways, I just googled banana keepers and

http://www.bananaguard.com/

Here is the website, I'm sure they have some sort of deal if you buy in bulk.
    So many of us who bike do eat a lot of bananas and I think these are not only practical, but hilarious as well. No better gift for a women only ride!!